Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
It is thought that many of these scammers are based in Nigeria. Over the weekend I wrote to Ebay (again) about the number of scam 'classified ads' that are appearing. Here is the reply I received this morning. Judging by the grammar (or lack of it) you might think that the whole Ebay operation is based in Nigeria....

Hello Paul,

My name is Noel and I'm happy to assist you with your query about member listing are in breach eBay policy.

We appreciate you for taking time and reporting to us about the listing that you suspect are in breach of eBay policy. All the item reported by 'report item' link are directly delivered to our policy expert team and they will take an appropriated action on all such listings which are in breach of eBay policy. You will see the gradual decrease in the volume for such listings on the site.

Furthermore, I would like to inform that listing listed under 'Classified Ads' format are for advertisement purpose only. All the transaction of listing listed under 'Classified Ads' format are done off eBay. We have policy in place for this type of format in order to keep eBay a safe and fun place to shop.

Moreover, the policy remains same for all the sellers on the site regardless of the status of the seller. You will be able to see the changes on the site.

For more details about the Classified Ad format, you can refer the below link:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/classified.html#mainContent&uniqueid=null&cksm=null

Thanks again for taking time and clarifying the issue with us. We greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

Noel Patterson
eBay Trust & Safety

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I think the only points worth noting are that neither vehicles nor classified ads are covered by this protection.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I think the only points worth noting are that neither vehicles nor classified ads are covered by this protection.
NO PROTECTION AT ALL-- Lesley posted same thing a few days ago :thumb:
Hence the adds are always classified and never aution, BIN,or classified with offers ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Both links are still live Paul but they have gone from newly listed :winky:::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
This has to be the bargain of the year..

Link Removed

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Link Removed

and this is the original ad..

Link Removed

I happen to know this van, it's about 3 miles from me in Buckley North Wales not in Fort Augustus (there's a large motorhoming fan base up there!!!)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Link Removed

and this is the original ad..

Link Removed

I happen to know this van, it's about 3 miles from me in Buckley North Wales not in Fort Augustus (there's a large motorhoming fan base up there!!!)

Seller has 2 pages of other items for sale

Kiddies cards and crayons.

All other tems for sale are in Longbridge, lancashire:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back