Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 5, 2022
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720
Exp
I’m a Newbie
Has anyone heard of this make Sat Nav & is it any good ?.

FD387F77-1BA1-4DEF-829C-2CC5AF910ED8.jpeg

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I like mine. Lots of preloaded aps and campsites. Some don't like them but I guess we all have different ideas.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I am a definite anti Aguri person and consider it the worst sat nav I’ve ever had. Slow, inaccurate and very annoying operation. Definitely not worth the price. I had the 720 at nearly £300 and had to restrain myself from throwing it out of the window when travelling through France, luckily I had my old basic Garmin with us that saved the trip and my nerves.

OP
OP
stevee2
Oct 5, 2022
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720
Exp
I’m a Newbie
Oh dear I will take your opinion onboard , I’ve been offered one direct from Aguri for £199 thought there could be a catch . Have been thinking about Avtex Tourer Three Plus about £475 ?.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I had one and it played havoc with my radio, it took me ages and a few bob in different aerials thinking my radio was knackerd but finally realised it was when the dash cam on the nav was on…🤬

Been with garmin camper now for years and you can pick up good second hand ones for a good price…😎

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
For me, the whole idea of sat navs with your dimensions in are a complete waste of time and pray on the anxieties of the less experienced, Motorhomes are not that big. I found using the Aguri that you could be routed miles out of your way unnecessarily.
I use Google Maps or Apple Maps with a basic Garmin for use overseas to reduce data usage and read the road signs.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I really wouldn’t recommend spending that sort of money on Aguri satnav.
Google maps is good………..so are those old fashioned things called,just,maps!
Unless your van is wider than a typical delivery van,you won’t have a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Got a Aguri dash cam thing. Couldn't work it. Now in the rubbish box with lots of other "Tech" stuff we don't know how to use.

Bought a fancy Sat Nav after recomendations on here, with MH size thing to keep you off narrow lanes. Think it was circa £300. One great feature we have used a lot on it is camp site locations. Get to an area you want to be press a button and all the camp sites in the area come up based on distance. Great for us.
Also have a cheap £50 thing off Amazon.
Both get me from A2B without issues.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Like all sat navs there are pros and cons.I use a garmin camper 660.I can program hight lenght etc and It takes me to where i want to go .But is not foolproof and can still take you down narrow lanes etc.I program where i am going then if i am not quite sure will check on paper map or google maps.No sat nav is perfect.Had tom tom and was good but still not
Perfect. I have live traffic on mine and it has diverted me around of a couple of road closures but still not infallible to mistakes.Personaly I would stick with garmin. Doesn't need to be a camper version as long as you use common sense and check where you are going

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
I had an Aguri but couldn’t get on with it. Not intuitive at all and some “interesting” routing. Garmin for me now, not perfect but much better.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Paper maps, more reliable, accurate and always on. Above all cheaper and easy to update.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
For me, the whole idea of sat navs with your dimensions in are a complete waste of time and pray on the anxieties of the less experienced, Motorhomes are not that big. I found using the Aguri that you could be routed miles out of your way unnecessarily.
I use Google Maps or Apple Maps with a basic Garmin for use overseas to reduce data usage and read the road signs.
Same. Tried the Garmin Camper and sacked it after two Journeys. Now use Waze, Google maps or if i want ti plot a specific route will use by bike Garmin 590.

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Don't know about this make. I have a TomTom.on the bike. Always been very good and I used it for some long distance courier work I used to do as well as holidays.. Still use it on the Strom.

My old Garmin would try and route through farmyards and dead ends.... Sold it.

I looked at their campervan version but was put off by forking out another £300+

I bought an Ohrex cheapie from Amazon too. Works. Gets me from A to B. Only once have I seen where it wanted me to go and I refused....

Cost £69.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Same. Tried the Garmin Camper and sacked it after two Journeys. Now use Waze, Google maps or if i want ti plot a specific route will use by bike Garmin 590.
I've been using Google maps for a couple of years since my elderly TomTom packed up.
Mostly I find it good but last year in France found it doing odd things at the worst possible time.
It might be user error or hardware error (Samsung Tab A) but I lost faith in it.
So got a Garmin 780 camper off classified on here. Satisfactory so far but not done proper journey yet.
At first I missed having all the saved poi's I've stored on Google maps and the ease of directions to them. But I've now found out how to send the gps coordinates to the Garmin via Bluetooth.
So far so good 👍

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
You can plot specific routes on Garmin Camper satnavs, I do it most of the time.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I've been using Google maps for a couple of years since my elderly TomTom packed up.
Mostly I find it good but last year in France found it doing odd things at the worst possible time.
It might be user error or hardware error (Samsung Tab A) but I lost faith in it.
So got a Garmin 780 camper off classified on here. Satisfactory so far but not done proper journey yet.
At first I missed having all the saved poi's I've stored on Google maps and the ease of directions to them. But I've now found out how to send the gps coordinates to the Garmin via Bluetooth.
So far so good 👍
Could you show us how you send to the 780 please. 👍🌟

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
You can plot specific routes on Garmin Camper satnavs, I do it most of the time.
I plotted a route on mine. However when I had to deviate off the route it wouldnt recalculate.
Used to take me on 10 mile diversions which were not needed.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I plotted a route on mine. However when I had to deviate off the route it wouldnt recalculate.
Used to take me on 10 mile diversions which were not needed.
Got no answer to that, can only comment that I use Mapsource on my 760 Camper and my Zumo 660 motorcycle unit with good results.

I have to say the Zumo is more user friendly, it 'asks' if a recalculation is wanted if going off route.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
that’s 2 of us lol

fat haggis

You need to have the Garmin Drive app on your phone
Open google maps and go to the pin you have saved, or anywhere else you want to go to.
Click on the blue pin marker next to the gps coordinates
Screenshot_20230301-141549.png

This copies them to your clipboard.
Have the Garmin nearby and turned on and connected by Bluetooth
Then go to the Garmin Drive app
Paste into "Where To ?"
Then click send to Device
In a moment or two the sat nav will calculate the route, this can be saved as a favourite if necessary
I've not used it in anger yet but quite happy so far.

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
fat haggis

Open google maps and go to the pin you have saved, or anywhere else you want to go to.
Click on the blue pin marker next to the gps coordinates

View attachment 721888
I have to do that with the cheapo Ohrex, except I have to type it into the unit as there is no app.

Bit long winded. Have recently been offered a refurbished Camper 780 EU MT-D but have yet to see a price.

On the TomTom I can setup routes in MyRouteApp either on my phone or laptop and send to the unit via MyDrive.

Can the Garmin do that? Can Mapsource send to the 780?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back