Sat Nav with audible speed alerts (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
Can anyone recommend a Sat Nav with the following,

1, audible alert if current speed limit is exceeded

2, Allows vehicle size and weight entry

3, Covers Europe, in the main France and Spain

4, Covers speed cameras

My current sat nav is an Aguri 720, in the main it is ok, however it lacks an audible alert if speed limit is exceeded, it shows a visual alert, but no audio alert, so I find I am constantly watching the sat nav, something that warns me with audible alert would be much better.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I'm fairly certain our Garmin 780 Camper has audio speed alerts however we've got it unset as when we first got it there was an issue on a road we use frequently and it kept think we were speeding but that was for >7.5t. May have been fixed now right enough.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
repairer
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
I'm fairly certain our Garmin 780 Camper has audio speed alerts however we've got it unset as when we first got it there was an issue on a road we use frequently and it kept think we were speeding but that was for >7.5t. May have been fixed now right enough.
Many thanks for that, will have a look.

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2013
Leics.
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Since 2000
Our Garmin Camper 770 gives audible alerts. It can be set for 'over the limit' or 5 or 10 mph over the limit.
Navigation is not perfect, sometimes does a 'funny'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have xgody truck and TomTom camper ,they both give the things you need

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Tom Tom camper has everything you require. It beeps at you every time you exceed the speed limit. It also has a margin on the right to show distance to upcoming fuel stops and speed cameras. It screeches at you when speed camera is imminent.

It also has route preferences like avoid motorways, avoid tolls, avoid ferries etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
repairer
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
Many thanks for the feedback.

Re the Xgody, I do have a similar Sat , the issue is when I put in weight of motorhome (I am over 3.5t) the speed limits in France did not change, do you know if they do on your Xgody?

Thanks

Upvote 0
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Copilot does all that. You could get a 30 day trial when I got mine. There is an annual fee though.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 2013
I have had the Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D for over 5 years. It has all the features you mention and more. To be honest so far it has been bullet proof.
Also carried out a full update yesterday that took nearly 4 hours. I'm not sure how long the updates will be available but so far so good.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2023
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E635 2008
Exp
Tom Tom camper has everything you require. It beeps at you every time you exceed the speed limit. It also has a margin on the right to show distance to upcoming fuel stops and speed cameras. It screeches at you when speed camera is imminent.

It also has route preferences like avoid motorways, avoid tolls, avoid ferries etc.
Yes agree I have this one, works great and can input vehicle dimensions đź‘Ť

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I believe that in France it's an offence to have speed camera alerts turned on. You might want to check that out.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016

4, Covers speed cameras

My current sat nav is an Aguri 720, in the main it is ok, however it lacks an audible alert if speed limit is exceeded, it shows a visual alert, but no audio alert, so I find I am constantly watching the sat nav, something that warns me with audible alert would be much better.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Tom tom camper

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I have a cheap'n'cheerful Xgody Truck Nav
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20473747...pid=5339023013&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Does all that and more
A Facebook group keeps the maps updated and offers support
Second the above. 7" screen or they are now doing a larger one. Has all the alerts even for speed cameras. Alerts if over the speed limit can be programmed for trucks etc motorhones and weight.
Really good value for money and all maps world wide available from the nozatec group on Facebook.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Many thanks for the feedback.

Re the Xgody, I do have a similar Sat , the issue is when I put in weight of motorhome (I am over 3.5t) the speed limits in France did not change, do you know if they do on your Xgody?

Thanks
Yes they do .we are 3.5t and keeps telling me to reduce my speed as it thinks I am a truck. Need to reconfigure but it also tells me I am not allowed in some town streets due to being a truck.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013

4, Covers speed cameras

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Number 2 is a little Pie-in-the sky. Many people have reported belong sent along dirt tracks even after entering their dimensions. Common sense - and a pre-planning with a decent map - would be a much better option.

Upvote 0
Jun 7, 2022
Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years

4, Covers speed cameras

Any recommendations?

Thanks
We have the Aguri 740 and it has audible alerts. You can set it to sound at different levels over the speed limit. We previously had the 720 and I'm sure it did the same. It was in the settings menu.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
repairer
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
We have the Aguri 740 and it has audible alerts. You can set it to sound at different levels over the speed limit. We previously had the 720 and I'm sure it did the same. It was in the settings menu.
Many thanks for all the feedback.

Re setting my Aguri 720 to produce audible alerts, I have searched through the setting menu and cannot find any area where this can be activated, I am going to look again.

There is a section called “Drive Assist” there is very little in the instruction booklet on it, neither could I find anything on the web.

It was the only area not ticked yes, so I switched it to yes, it brings a screen up with the speed limit in large letters, but once sat nav is operational with maps it disappears and does nothing, does your Aguri have this feature?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Jun 7, 2022
Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Many thanks for all the feedback.

Re setting my Aguri 720 to produce audible alerts, I have searched through the setting menu and cannot find any area where this can be activated, I am going to look again.

There is a section called “Drive Assist” there is very little in the instruction booklet on it, neither could I find anything on the web.

It was the only area not ticked yes, so I switched it to yes, it brings a screen up with the speed limit in large letters, but once sat nav is operational with maps it disappears and does nothing, does your Aguri have this feature?

Thanks
In our settings we have
E speed - below this is the sliding scale for mph alert
Drive Assist - on/off
Continue to scroll down and you come to
Hazard & restriction alerts
Audible alerts - yes/no buttons
We have this set to yes and I assume this also controls the speed alerts
I can't quite remember what the 720 had but I thought it was the same or similar. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
OP
OP
repairer
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
In our settings we have
E speed - below this is the sliding scale for mph alert
Drive Assist - on/off
Continue to scroll down and you come to
Hazard & restriction alerts
Audible alerts - yes/no buttons
We have this set to yes and I assume this also controls the speed alerts
I can't quite remember what the 720 had but I thought it was the same or similar. Hope this helps
Hi many thanks for this, managed to sort it, I emailed support and Aguri called me.

I had E Speed set to zero, for it to give audible alert E speed has to be set to 1, so basically 1 mile or km over speed limit, it then activates alert.

Bit of a strange way of doing it but it did work.

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations.

Upvote 0
Jun 7, 2022
Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Hi many thanks for this, managed to sort it, I emailed support and Aguri called me.

I had E Speed set to zero, for it to give audible alert E speed has to be set to 1, so basically 1 mile or km over speed limit, it then activates alert.

Bit of a strange way of doing it but it did work.

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations.
That's useful to know. Ours is set to 3. I've found Aguri support to be very helpful in the past.

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Magic Earth free app does all that you require.
How have you found the app compared with Google maps? I just checked a route on both and found the app differed by nearly 10% in time to make the same journey......

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back