Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Ton Pentre Rhondda
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hello I have an Oyster Vision 3 85cm. with auto skew. I can't get it to tune to Intelsat 907. I have a black box, sat back thingy. I tried the box in my neighbours motorhome in Spain last week and it worked a treat, alas in my van the dish locks onto 907 but nothing happens, I've tried tuning to Hispasat and clicking to the left etc, still no joy. It locks and works on Astra 1 n 2. It's just never worked at all on 907. TIA.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi there,

This is the point where I’d normally give you a load of things to try but I am about to jet off to Tenerife for a much needed holiday so the best thing to do would be to give our office a call from 8:30am tomorrow morning on 01858575928 and speak to my colleague Pat.
I suspect that you may have a problem with the LNB or maybe even the autoskew but he will be able to go through some tests with you to try and find the cause and may even be able to get things working for you.

OP
OP
Jwcgas

Jwcgas

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Ton Pentre Rhondda
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Anthony, I will contact Pat tomorrow.
Have a great holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
alas in my van the dish locks onto 907 but nothing happens
Are you sure it has locked onto I907?
How do you know it is locking onto the correct satellite?
A signal meter will tell you if you are or not... a "beeper" just says you are on A satellite, not THE satellite

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
The Oyster Vision III system has I907 programmed for automatic search so while it isn’t outside the realms of possibility that it’s misaligning I think it’s more likely that the autoskew is stuck at the angle for Astra 2 and therefore out of alignment when the system is switched to I907

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back