Sargent PSU2007 questions (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
The PSU mounted in an overhead locker is producing an annoying buzzing/rumble sound when it is switched on. I believe it is the fan bearings and is bl**dy annoying. Can be heard outside the MH too so I imagine any tenters nearby would find it annoying as well. So questions:
1. Is this a replaceable part? It doesn't look do-able in situ as the case is rivetted together.

2. When switched on does this only activate the battery charge circuitry? I am going to have to switch it off at night as there is no way I am going to sleep with that noise going on.

3.Is Sargent an approachable company? Maybe I should address my questions to them.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sergent have a great name for customer service.. Just contact them...
My friend sent his EC325 back to them recently for a repair (not charging). and was back within 5 days and fixed at a reasonable price.....

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi,
As above, the guys in the technical department are extremely helpful, they should be able to give some pointers on the usual causes and if it can be cured.
I've approached them a couple of occasions and found them very knowledgeable about their products. Excellent service.:thumb::thumb:
Lance

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Has anyone taken one of these units out of an Autocruise Starfire? Mounted in an overhead locker. I can't see where the connections are or if there is any 'give' in the leads if I unscrew it.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just spoken to Sargent. They will replace the charger unit for a fixed fee (I believe he said ÂŁ75). After the fan starts to go the charger normally gives up he said.....logical if the fan cools the electronics. I still need to remove it from the locker though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back