Sargent ec200 PSU (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican
Hi everyone. Complete newbie here who has already qualified for a muppetry award by exploding his glass hob lid. 😢😢😢 Idiot..

My question relates to the PSU on my 2006 autotrail mohican. What you do with it when not on hook up?Do you still have to turn it on or do you just leave it alone use the control panel over the door?

And when on hook up does the switch need to be on all the time with fan running?

Should you also when not on hook up switch off above door control panel when not using anything like pump to save the leisure batteries? Turn it off at night?

Gradually getting the hang of most things although water usage/longevity proving a challenge and just hope there's no leak in the tank as guage level drops very quickly. I know they are notoriously inaccurate though.

Oh and grey tank fills really quickly even when being careful. Could be SWMBO who still thinks we are at home!!

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I always switch mine off at the above door panel when on the drive,

Fan running ? what fan? all the time sounds suss !

As for thinking gstill at home, YUP, we try and conserve as much as poss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Hi Rob, I would switch on when on hook up and I do switch off when not. Hope this helps.
P.S The control panel should automatically switch off when the engine is started.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Mar 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican
I always switch mine off at the above door panel when on the drive,

Fan running ? what fan? all the time sounds suss !

As for thinking gstill at home, YUP, we try and conserve as much as poss.
The fan is in the PSU and runs when its switched on. I presumed to keep the internals cool...

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you have the EC200 / PSU2007 system the fan does run all the time the charger is on , Sargent electrical suggest turning the charger off when the batteries are fully charged ! If need manuals for your system (PSU2007 ) you can download them from the Sargent website.
In case it is a problem with the fan noise, I think Apuljack engineering do a replacement for these chargers without the fan if required or Sargent may be able to advise you.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back