Salop Leisure are recruiting for an Apprentice should anyone have a Son or Daughter looking for a Leisure Industry Career (1 Viewer)

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Apprentice Caravan and Motorhome Maintenance Technician
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
-

Broken Link Removed
Save this job

Shrewsbury

Apprenticeship

£156 a week
Apprentice Caravan and Motorhome Maintenance Technician
  • Home
  • Apprenticeships
  • Vacancies
  • Current: Apprentice Caravan and Motorhome Maintenance Technician
Job description
Salop Leisure are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Technician to join their busy workshop, learning how to maintain and repair Caravans and Motorhomes and become an industry specific qualified engineer.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Full training will be provided to the right person, where you will be taught the duties of the department including:
  • Servicing caravans and motorhomes
  • Internal and external repairs
  • Interior fittings
  • Accessory fittings
  • Gas and electrical testing
  • Damp testing
  • Habitation checks
  • Insurance work
  • Manufacturer’s warranty work
  • Pre-delivery inspections
  • General customer service

Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 09/09/2019

Skills required
  • Practical
  • Efficient
  • Good customer service skills
  • Mechanically minded
  • Eager to learn
Qualifications required
  • 4 GCSEs A* - D/9-3 (or equivalent) including maths/English Language and ICT essential
Candidate requirements
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Training provided
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Caravan and Motorhome Maintenance and Repair, which includes:
  • IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Caravan & Motorhome Maintenance & Repair (QCF)
  • Functional skills at Level 1 (if required)
Additional Training to cover AWS approved technician standards.
Off the job training in college will be via 7 separate block weeks of training in Nottingham throughout the course of the programme.
Future progression
Potential to progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship or future employment.
Employer information
Salop Leisure started life as Salop Caravans in 1966. For over forty years, as the company grew, our showroom and offices were at Meole Brace in Shrewsbury. In 2006 we built a brand new, state-of-the-art caravan showroom and service centre at Emstrey, just outside Shrewsbury on the A5.
Address details:
Salop Leisure Limited
Salop Leisure
Shrewsbury
SY5 6QS

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sounds like £3.75 an hour to be a general dogs body with a GCSE A* in English maths.. As Richard and Ann say, it is a very restricted set of skills in a very restricted jobs market.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sounds like £3.75 an hour to be a general dogs body with a GCSE A* in English maths.. As Richard and Ann say, it is a very restricted set of skills in a very restricted jobs market.
I read it as needing gcse A star TO D not necessarily just A so you you don't really need hardly anything.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I read it as needing gcse A star TO D not necessarily just A so you you don't really need hardly anything.
Yes chaser that is how it read to me too suggesting they would employ a general dogs body with A* English and maths for £3.75 an hour...;)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Great post Machzoneman !!

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Duplicate post

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
This will attract applicants from the lower end if the GCSE grades who are unlikely to move onto A levels and higher paid "first" jobs.
£3:90 an hour (which is the national minimum wage for an apprentice) for a young person with no employment skills and will require another staff member to train and pass on their skills, reducing their productive time, is no great but will allow Salop Leisure to offer a young person a job. Salop Leisure will also have to pay for the apprentice to attend Nottingham College on block release which is likely to also require accommodation etc.
I applaud Salop Leisure for offering a "leg up" to a young person and hope they end up with a well trained member of staff for the future.
Having said that, it is a small job sector and other apprenticeships may offer better future job prospects. But not everyone wants to be a plumber, electrician or engineer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back