Saga insurance (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Just insured with saga.
We have Saga plus with assistance plus included.
360 day European cover( yes we can mitigate the 90/180 with none Schengen countries) green card for morroco .
Guarantee on the same price for 3 years. 2 divers( not that SWMBO is allowed to drive šŸ˜Š)
All for Ā£332.95 well pleased, policy starts on the 19 May, so used the 24 days before itā€™s due as the sweet spot to get insurance ( Martin Lewis site info)
So will get the green card in the post, just need to be allowed to travel to Morroco and hopefully join with others in January 2022.šŸ¤ž

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Third year with Saga. Happy with them. Price increase was below inflation on last renewal.

If you tow a trailer, Saga will send you a separate Green Card for it, gratis. We even got a third green card for our little Suzuki car that sits on the trailer, despite it being fully insured in its own right when it is being driven.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I insured my car with them yesterday at a good saving but the quote for my motorhome was twice the price of the caravan club at Ā£800

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Our mh is insured through CAMC with Ageas. My car is insured with Saga and when someone drove in to me Saga was magnificent. They went out of their way to get me a really good Audi to replace mine when it was being repaired and they kept me informed throughout.
Saga annual premium was good too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I insured my car with them yesterday at a good saving but the quote for my motorhome was twice the price of the caravan club at Ā£800
i just got a quote from saga on the net at Ā£450 yesterday on the phone it was as above the mind boggles

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We are with SAGA for our house insurance, we went with them because they went out of their way to help Mum & Dad when they had a drain issue.
We have recently made a claim because Robert dropped my laptop, sadly it couldn't be repaired, but they were hassle free and helpful which is so reassuring.

Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Just insured with saga.
We have Saga plus with assistance plus included.
360 day European cover( yes we can mitigate the 90/180 with none Schengen countries) green card for morroco .
Guarantee on the same price for 3 years. 2 divers( not that SWMBO is allowed to drive šŸ˜Š)
All for Ā£332.95 well pleased, policy starts on the 19 May, so used the 24 days before itā€™s due as the sweet spot to get insurance ( Martin Lewis site info)
So will get the green card in the post, just need to be allowed to travel to Morroco and hopefully join with others in January 2022.šŸ¤ž
I O U a pint. Spent all day yesterday trying to get a decent deal. Read your post this morning and all sorted. Saved me Ā£200 fixed 3year and green card. Cheers mate well happy

Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Another thumbs up for Saga Motorhome insurance with breakdown and fixed for three years.Ā£325 on my Hymer! Sorted, and it did not go up in price this year.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Won't insure me based on vehicle value šŸ˜¢

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I have just reinsured with them even though they were Ā£120 more than the next nearest seven insurers,
other insurers seem to be passing on the cost savings of no one driving so fewer claims, Saga arenā€™t

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Had a claim with saga when we were clipped by a passing car in Austria. They contacted me before I reported it to them as Italian insurer had been in touch. Amazing service sent them dashcam footage and they arranged immediate repair. Best price too can't rate them highly enough

OP
OP
J
Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
The Green Card came in the post today.šŸ˜€
Morocco was not on it!ā˜¹ļø
Called Saga and they put me through to the underwriter, gave the dates for the Morocco trip 5th January 2022 until 5th April 2022, a green card covering that period is on its wayšŸ˜€

So if you have insured with saga for this Morocco green card, they do not issue it as a standard practice, just call them and they will issue it FOC.

Still well happy with my choice.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Called Saga and they put me through to the underwriter, gave the dates for the Morocco trip 5th January 2022 until 5th April 2022, a green card covering that period is on its wayšŸ˜€
Hope you'll be able to go, we've got everything crossed.
It was this Green Card that persuaded me to go for Saga when Comfort got silly about my renewal.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi,
Reference the SAGA quotations and acceptance of Insurance.
During your conversations with them, did the subject of 'Solar Panels' come up?

I ask because, several years ago, I was talking to them until Solar Panels came into the chat.
On hearing that I had one on the roof, their rep. told me that they don't offer Insurance to
motorhomes so fitted.

I was incredulous and asked him to check but I was assured that his information was correct.

Yes. I know like I'm talking bo!!*cks but it did happen. Haven't rung them since.

OP
OP
J
Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Further update, they will not issue the green card for Morocco until 30 days before you travel.
The lady I spoke to, said she had put the 25th of November in her calendar to phone me and then I can confirm the dates and they will issue the green card for Morocco.
I did suggest that we could be in Spain/Portugal on those dates, she said donā€™t worry we can send it via email.

The question about solar panels never came up in the quotation or statement of our van, which is a self build, from a new panel van.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi,
Reference the SAGA quotations and acceptance of Insurance.
During your conversations with them, did the subject of 'Solar Panels' come up?

I ask because, several years ago, I was talking to them until Solar Panels came into the chat.
On hearing that I had one on the roof, their rep. told me that they don't offer Insurance to
motorhomes so fitted.

I was incredulous and asked him to check but I was assured that his information was correct.

Yes. I know like I'm talking bo!!*cks but it did happen. Haven't rung them since.
That happened tome because I had the refillable LPG tanks (fitted professionally by Autogas). I think it must be down to who answers their phone. You and I, it appears, got the pillock. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back