safeguard

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by freelanderuk, Mar 13, 2012.

1. freelanderuk

freelanderuk

Ratings:
    +541
    i have just had the renewal through and was happy with the price but thought i would phone and see if they could better it , they could not reduce the insurance premium but dropped the drivers legal protection by £15, so a small saving

• Like it Like it x 4
  2. manda3000gt

manda3000gt Funster

Ratings:
    +616
    Ours is due for renewal middle of next month, hopefully similar good news on price from SafeGuard although we have just had a windscreen claim so do not know how much that will affect premium.

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Ratings:
    +7,407
    Over the last 3 years Safeguard have only increased my premium by less than £10 each year without reducing cover. Lets hope it stays that way.:thumb:

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Ratings:
    +1,971
    same here only about £15 a year

Yes same with us about £15 a year over the past 3 years.

Bob

5. whingyraindrop

whingyraindrop Funster

Ratings:
    +1,655
    We have received ours. No claims at all. £386 last year, renewal now is £549 !!!!!!! Asked why, they said it was inflation. Inflation comes to + 42%. After negotiations got it down to £444. Still going to shop around. How can they justify the increase also when questioned bring it down £105.

6. freelanderuk

freelanderuk

Ratings:
    +541
    With the £15 off it comes in at £286.11 fully comp with the extras that are included , £ year no claims for a value of £22,000:Smile:

7. whingyraindrop

whingyraindrop Funster

Ratings:
    +1,655
    Hi Guys, I owe you all an apology, we are insured with Caravan Guard. :Blush: Oooops. I will now get a quote from Safeguard !

8. freelanderuk

freelanderuk

Ratings:
    +541
    we have been with safeguard since we got the van and found them really competitive on the price :Smile:

9. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +18,948
    Me too my third year coming up.
    Re windscreen claim, glass should make no difference to your premium. Not the same as an accident!

10. dshague

dshague Funster

Ratings:
    +227
    second year for us with safguard only went up £15 this time .:Smile:

11. aba

aba

Ratings:
    +1,112
    i will be on my 3rd year in december with safeguard and last year my premium actually dropped but only by a few quid so i will see what they offer this time when it comes.

overall i have been very happy with them.
    with the level of customer service they have given me it almost seems as though you are dealing with only 1 or 2 people as most times i have rung them it seems to be the same person i speak to and very friendly too.

if you catch up with them at one of the show they normally have some freebies to give away
    like key rings , poncho's , magnetic book marks and a puzzle is what i got last time.
    its not much but it kind of says thank you for being a customer and its the little things that make a difference.

12. maxsdad

maxsdad Funster

Ratings:
    +267
    Third year with Safeguard renual due Friday last year £451.52 this year £416.47 for vehicle value £57k with £250 excess live in low insurance area nothings changed since last year only a year older:thumb: