Safeguard Insurance- breakdown cover enough? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We have motorhome insurance with Safeguard, with whom we are very happy and who provide 360 day European cover.
The policy includes European Breakdown cover for the same period and I would like to ask experienced Continental- touring funsters whether in their opinion this cover would adequately cover to the same level as an independently taken out policy for like-for-like, ie roadside assistance and recovery to nearest garage etc.). Thanks.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Peak holiday season in France, june til early september you may even get a British chap in his yellow AA van.We were a bit surprized but apparently it is cost effective as they do far more roadside repairs and avoid a lot of the expense and inconvenience of your van being towed away especially for minor stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have had to use breakdown supplied via safeguard twice. In Germany and Spain. No problems. Great service.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I used it last year and was overwhelmed with the assistance we got. Bust flywheel meant repatriation for the van but we carried on in the provided hire car for another 2 weeks, with nearly £1k hotel expenses paid. They even got us a UK reg car to swap at Calais so we could shovel all our belongings in to get home and deposit the car on the other side. Excellent service.! :thumb::thumb:

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back