RV Manufacturer Rankings??? (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
------------> Noob still....

Is there a perceived "best to worst" ranking of RV manufacturers?

For example, most people would say in car terms a Ford is better than a Yugo.

I don't want to start a "flame war" on this, I just wondered if there is a general concensus? I asked this on an American RV site, and got little or no help, so I've swallowed my pride and asked here.

Thanks in advance folks.

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I think the problem is it is down to personal choice. When you think that all RV's sort of look the same and have more or less the same facilities, ie. somewhere to sit and relax, dine, sleep and shower it makes it difficult.

When we were on our meet in Hope Valley last weekend the site owner said he was very impressed with our RV's and asked which one was the best. The only answer I could give was 'It depends who you are asking'.

It may be true to say that different makes have known issues, the best way to find out is to choose a make that you like and then post on a forum asking for information regarding it.

In my experience ( which I do appreciate is quite limited having only had 3 RV's and they were all Damon's) you will see the one for you and fall in love. ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have asked this question before elsewhere and did not get a definitive answer. It seems that most manufacturers make lots of different models at all price levels and the "quality" can vary enormously even in the same make.

There are many more manufacturers than you might imagine, but if you confine yourself to the models that have main dealers in this country, I would go with Monoco Coach as the best, its on a custom made Motorhome Chassis and oozes class. As for second and third place, i have absolutely no idea:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good answer Suzi ever thought of going onto politics.

I've been trawling American websites and even joined a couple of forums recently to try and find out more about which RVs are good or bad.To be honest I've had very little response from their forums certainly not as forthcoming as us. I have a Damon which is a different model to Suzy but like her I think its great especially as it's diesel but in the States it would be considered entry level. The info I've got back so far is
Monaco good RV but do have a few problems and back up can be lacking
Safari good RV but a bit more expensive
Holiday Rambler is a Monaco under a different name
Gulfstream terrible reputation for quality and back up even worse But I still fancy a Crescendo Diesel heart ruling head methinks
Winnebago good reputation apparently back up is much better than it was got their act together
Tiffinvery good reputation certainly Tiffin owners appear to be the most loyal and their reputation for back up is second to none
Newmar slightly better than a Monao but a few rumblings on the forums about quality recently not cheap
Fleetwood very good reputation too expensive for me
These are the main ones I've looked at as they are the ones that seem to be the main players in the UK but there are dozens over there. Having said all of that there does'nt appear to be any really bad RVs but some of the forums do slag off the dealers for lousy back up once the deals done. Sounds familiar eh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back