Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
A bit of t cut and a polish will do it
It will be on the surface and not through the paint
But I would put money on it being from when your aerial etc was fitted and the dealer should be sorting

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
A bit of t cut and a polish will do it
It will be on the surface and not through the paint
But I would put money on it being from when your aerial etc was fitted and the dealer should be sorting
Yes I am coming to the conclusion he should. To be fair he has offered but suggested I had a go to save going over to him and waiting whilecit is done. The van is my only vehicle

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Good news the dealer has contacted me after looking at my photos again along with some points I made following on from the comments above. I will be taking the van in to him for a day to sort the problem out.

I will update you later if there is interest....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I rubbed one or two spots with polish and they disappeared :) so I will let the dealer do the full job next week.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Good that you are getting sorted
These things are just very annoying when you have just forked out a lot of dosh for a new van
A lifetime ago I used to fit sunroofs etc (about 40 years ago b***r I suddenly feel old I really must find a way to retire) to cars and we used to put some magnets on the roof while we were doing the cutting to try and catch the swarf as it used to be such a pain to clean up.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Only just seen this thread, but had the same when I cut out one of my Heki's and forgot to mask the area well around it (daft mistake).

After a few days it looked awful and panic set in. Bit of t-cut and a polish and was perfect again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Great news....

The dealer has polished the whole roof. The rust spots are gone, I can now relax.

As said before it is always worrying when you find the van you want at a price you can't afford and then it devlopd problems.

A big thumbs uo to the dealer Signature Motorhomes. Excllent service and no fuss. (n)

Thanks to everyone above you all helped me keep my sanity.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back