Royal Mail (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Earlier today I read a news article that mentioned that some 6,000 Royal Mail workers are to be made redundant.
About an hour ago, the post arrived. Enclosed with it was a leaflet from Royal Mail, informing us that any current non bar coded postage stamps, need to be used by the 31st January 2023, or they become invalid.
Those with any unused non barcoded stamps are invited to put them in an envelope and send them freepost to 'Freepost Swap Out'.
With my opening sentence in mind, do you feel confident with doing this?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry, I not getting the motorhome connection with your posting in motorhome chat. :unsure:
Me neither Paul, but I've been guilty before of inadvertently posting in the wrong forum, as recently as this week. :doh:

Personally. I'd be more concerned about the redundancy of 6000 Royal Mail workers, rather than if I'm going to get a few stamps exchanged or not. :(

Cheers

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Grumpyfrog
Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Sorry, I not getting the motorhome connection with your posting in motorhome chat. :unsure:
You have obviously been a member of M/H/Fun far longer than I have, but you must concede there are many non motorhome threads and posts.
There is a section named 'U shaped Lounge' which allows and invites non motorhome relayed material.
Sorry but I think you being a little picky.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
You have obviously been a member of M/H/Fun far longer than I have, but you must concede there are many non motorhome threads and posts.
There is a section named 'U shaped Lounge' which allows and invites non motorhome relayed material.
Get your tin hat on, there will be more piling in:giggle:

Gina.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Earlier today I read a news article that mentioned that some 6,000 Royal Mail workers are to be made redundant.
About an hour ago, the post arrived. Enclosed with it was a leaflet from Royal Mail, informing us that any current non bar coded postage stamps, need to be used by the 31st January 2023, or they become invalid.
Those with any unused non barcoded stamps are invited to put them in an envelope and send them freepost to 'Freepost Swap Out'.

I did it a few months back.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Don’t worry about it Grumpyfrog there will always be one they can’t help themselves🙄😂😂😂

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Could not have said it any better. Shoot yourselves in the foot comes to mind.
I couldn't agree more I WANT MORE MONEY !
I WANT A JOB !
our local postie gets around £25k a year he said and is quite happy with his wage but would not cross the line as to not upset his work colleague, well things may change now.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I wonder what the union will do for them now, just don't get it if there's no money there's no money, if your not competitive jobs will be lost, the tail is wagging the dog in a lot of businesses now or trying to.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
The Labour backed unions are playing fast and loose with workers jobs and livelihoods for political reasons, it’s time their actions were more restricted in law.
How will postal workers feel with the news that instead of more money they may not have a job.

Who will get the blame ? Answers on a postage stamp :fubar:

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
You are getting off lightly so far. I once had a very snotty repost from one prominent member on here because I unintentionally posted in the wrong section. I reported him to the webpage manager but got no response.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Two on Tour might be posted in the wrong section and perhaps not everyone agrees with the content, but is telling someone they need to get a job/li.fe really appropriate or necessary, I'm not sure it is.
Read it again!!!

Gina.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Yup, read it again and it still contravenes rule one of the forum. (y)
The poster got the name wrong they think you wrote the original post. I am sorry if I offended you, I stooped to your level. I don't see why some people just like being mean to others. If you don't like people posting on the wrong forums just get a paper bag to breath into and calm down.

Gina.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
The poster got the name wrong they think you wrote the original post. I am sorry if I offended you, I stooped to your level. I don't see why some people just like being mean to others. If you don't like people posting on the wrong forums just get a paper bag to breath into and calm down.

Gina.
That’s a good cure for hiccups……….which may be ironic :ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for that useful information Grumpyfrog, I gather lots of different general information whilst browsing through the Lounge

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
No

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back