Root folder of a memory stick (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have a freesat recording box and I need to update it as the postcode search facility won't work, I need to download an update and it says download to pc then add it to the root of the memory stick!?
How do I find AND add it to the memory stick ie USB,?
I have tried to find the answer on Google but can't, anyone explain in simple terms please?

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
The root is just the top level. Your memory stick when in the computer will - from windows explorer - look like another disc and will have a label, eg E: . (could be F or others depeding on what else is in the machine). Within E: there will be folders with names.

Copy the file to your PC, somewhere you know (eg the dowload folder) then do copy and paste to put it on the memory stick plugged into a USB port. Make sure you paste it to E: (if it is E) and not into a folder on E:.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I click on e within computer and a list comes up on the left with a label on the top saying empty folder, is that where you paste it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Is there anything else in the list on the left? If not, then as you say that is the root and you can paste into the area on the right. If there is a list of folder names on the left then make sure that E: is highlighted (not one of the folder names) and then paste in the area to the right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back