Rioja region campsite recommendations (1 Viewer)

timontrak

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony
Exp
10 years
Hi there. Could anyone recommend some good campsites in the Rioja region please? We are a group of six with two motorhomes and a caravan. Like good quality sites, not too large, preferably within easy reach of a town. Nearby family friendly cycle routes also a bonus.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks - Tim

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The campsite at Haro is OK but we stayed there on our way home at the beginning of December and were parked up near the the shower block and the cats nearly drove us mad. You couldn't leave your door open for a second without them getting in. This certainly hadn't been a problem on previous stopovers. If you were there in the summer and wanted to sit out it would not be much fun. I love cats but I certainly don't want ones that are unlikely to have been deflead in my van.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Site at Haro ok as a stopover,,BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
The campsite at Haro is OK but we stayed there on our way home at the beginning of December and were parked up near the the shower block and the cats nearly drove us mad. You couldn't leave your door open for a second without them getting in. This certainly hadn't been a problem on previous stopovers. If you were there in the summer and wanted to sit out it would not be much fun. I love cats but I certainly don't want ones that are unlikely to have been deflead in my van.
Was there much evidence of cat poop around the site?
We've visited a few Spanish sites where cats and their mess have really spoiled the ambience.
Asking as the Haro site is on my 'potential visit' list...

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We stayed at a Haro last March and didn’t see any cats but maybe they are new?
I can however recommend the Rioja that they sell at the campsite in a box. :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We certainly hadn’t noticed the cats on on our previous two visits but they were a real pain, they were very persistent, in the time it took to get out of van with washing up bowl, turn round to shut door they’d be in! There were 4 cats that we saw.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back