Reversing camera view blocked (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 540
Hi

My bailey autograph has a twin reversing camera whereas one camera acts as a rear view mirror while driving and the other points down when reversing. My motorhome does not have a garage so I have bought a Flammia rear box to get chairs & tables out of the shower. The only problem is that this box now blocks the reversing camera view.
What do other people do in this case? I was wondering about moving the complete camera but then I have to extend the cable and run it somewhere, like below the box. Not sure what is simplest and not too expensive? Any peoples experience of this would be appreciated
thanks
Rick

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Do it old school use your mirrors. I always allow too much behind when the bike is on the back if there not a wall to reverse up to .end up walking around and pulling it back further and it only a pvc :doh:

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I have a similar issue now I have bike rack on the back. Still haven't looked into solutions so interested to see any responses here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Do it old school use your mirrors. I always allow too much behind when the bike is on the back if there not a wall to reverse up to .end up walking around and pulling it back further and it only a pvc :doh:

I just find it too difficult to judge on a 7.5 metre vehicle. To much hassle to keep getting out.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I just find it too difficult to judge on a 7.5 metre vehicle. To much hassle to keep getting out.
The other option is keep going until you hear /feel the bang and you know you've gone back far enough.:rofl:

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Similar here, have a Towbox which obscures our camera, so looking at a Garmin BC40.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
That's not a good option. It's quicker to get out and walk to the back than spend ages repairing the result.
That's why it's option 2 :rofl: :wink:

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Are the cameras not on the roof ?

Our camera is at the top of the back wall but faces downwards so you can see the rear bumper and a few metres behind. Our bikes obscure this. it may be possible to angle it up that won't help parking.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Get someone to watch you back to your desired parking position.

Bolt a 4” x 4” fence post, on its side, to the floor in contact with rear of rear tyres.

In future reverse until tyre comes into contact with fence post. Done!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back