Rally Chat Retrofestival Newbury 2024 (1 Viewer)

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Are we having a Fun meeting at Retro Newbury 2024.

Will we be having our area inside the event as 2023 !?

When will booking be open !?

... early bird booking for Retro Newbury closes in Dec

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I can confirm that MotorhomeFun are currently not planning to have a specific area or booking links for Retrofest Newbury 2024. The previous posts indicate why on which there will be no further comment.

Any MHF member wishing to attend Retrofest will need to book direct with the organisers as part of general camping.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
No MHF area next year due to the abuse received by the the Marshalls over the previous 2 years. .
OK thanks, I'll go in with the m
I can confirm that MotorhomeFun are currently not planning to have a specific area or booking links for Retrofest Newbury 2024. The previous posts indicate why on which there will be no further comment.

Any MHF member wishing to attend Retrofest will need to book direct with the organisers as part of general camping.
OK, thanks for clarifying. Shame.Might see some of you in the big field then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am working on the rally calendar this week.

We agreed some time ago with the organisers that we would have a rally area at the retrofest. I've just been too busy to announce it. Couple of provisos; we need rally marshals and we have to stop those people who join us to only to save money and park in the show. So to ensure the rally area only has Funsters within, only members who have regularly posted here over time will be able to attend, details will be available if it makes it on to the calandar. We'll need to confirm a couple of rally marshals before then.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp

We agreed some time ago with the organisers that we would have a rally area at the retrofest. I've just been too busy to announce it. Couple of provisos; we need rally marshals and we have to stop those people who join us to only to save money and park in the show. So to ensure the rally area only has Funsters within, only members who have regularly posted here over time will be able to attend, details will be available if it makes it on to the calandar. We'll need to confirm a couple of rally marshals before then.
Hi Jim
i am happy to offer help, never been a marshal, but if it helps move this forward more than happy, as part time, can come day early to set up.
Malc

Apr 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dethleff

What a real shame some have ruined it for the majority. We had a lovely time last year and hope we showed our appreciation to the hard working organisers. We really wouldnā€™t fancy the general camping field as they were cramped like sardines. Hope to see you guys in the future. Paul & Caron and our 2 black German Shepherds

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What a real shame some have ruined it for the majority. We had a lovely time last year and hope we showed our appreciation to the hard working organisers. We really wouldnā€™t fancy the general camping field as they were cramped like sardines. Hope to see you guys in the future. Paul & Caron and our 2 black German Shepherds
See post #4

Also this thread

Sep 28, 2015
Farnham, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Hi Jim, sorry am unable to help with the marshalling due to my mobility issues.
Hope to be on the list of attendees though.

Aug 21, 2020
Stevenage, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote low profile
Exp
Since 2013
Anyone booked Newbury Retro Fest? It was our first retro fest at Newbury last year and loved it. We obviously had fun as we were oblivious to those who spoilt it for others.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Nope. Don't fancy going with the hoards and we need to be able to nip back regularly for our dog so looking to see what similar festivals there are.Shame after going for 3 years.

May 6, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1980
What a real shame, we went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. We only found out about the trouble makers after the event, shame they canā€™t be identified and banned, the few spoil it for the many again.

Mar 10, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We also had a great time, am still hopeful Jim/Fun will run a site like last year, perfect spot suited us just fine, the few Spoilt it for us all, no chance of us going for the mass field, apparently Marshals have agreed to cover it. Live in hope.

Apr 13, 2021
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pursuit

I always attend Retrofest and the MHF area is where we can be sure our many friends who also attend will be within the same area. To say that any MHF area will be restricted to regular posters on the site appears a little discriminatory. We all pay the same membership yet as a caravan owner the forum is rarely relevant and therefore it is unlikely we would post regularly.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I always attend Retrofest and the MHF area is where we can be sure our many friends who also attend will be within the same area. To say that any MHF area will be restricted to regular posters on the site appears a little discriminatory. We all pay the same membership yet as a caravan owner the forum is rarely relevant and therefore it is unlikely we would post regularly.

Sorry about that, but it seems you are only a member here to gain cheap access to retrofest. Unfortunately for you it is some of those very people who have caused us issues in the past.

This means we will be refusing to take any member with us who is only a member here to get cheap access to our prime position in the showground. The Caravan Club always have an area, as do other clubs, so I'm sure you won't miss out.

If you require a refund of your subs, please let me know. Thanks

Apr 13, 2021
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pursuit
Sorry about that, but it seems you are only a member here to gain cheap access to retrofest. Unfortunately for you it is some of those very people who have caused us issues in the past.

This means we will be refusing to take any member with us who is only a member here to get cheap access to our prime position in the showground. The Caravan Club always have an area, as do other clubs, so I'm sure you won't miss out.

If you require a refund of your subs, please let me know. Thanks
It really shouldnā€™t matter why a person chose to join. I have paid no more or less than anyone else and I am sure people have joined for a variety of reasons. It is not unfair to say that you occupy a ā€œprime positionā€ at the Retrofest either. A couple of years ago they hadnā€™t even bothered to cut the grass which was over two feet high. I also donā€™t recall you mentioning that it was a requirement to post to a forum as a requirement for membership either.

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hmmm two very different points of view here .. both deserve equal merit.

As a Funster bystander it does seem there were a minority that had selfish behaviour, caused trouble and spoilt it for others.

Yes, I was at 2023 Retro, prime position ..definitely yes,

However the ground was very uneven and soft, and it was no fun wading through wet - over ankle high grass.

But heyho, we didn't complain, and had a great time.

Foyz seems to me to be a friendly responsible Funster, is there any way we can identify the actual trouble makers and ban just them !?

At the end of the day .. Jim is BossHog.. He has made the decision.

And I can also understand his reasoning for encouraging people to engage into the forums, have input and recieve help.

By looking and listening, people adopt our Fun club standards of behaviour.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Jim's idea is the only way I can see to try and prevent the trouble makers from last time.
But I understand the poster above voicing their concern.
Every marshall I have ever met has been exceptionally helpful and chatty. They don't want the grief from the small element that spolied it.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
As it was said early on if subscribers didnā€™t post much and it appeared joined just to get cheap tickets and a good position.

Would it not make sense to post in a few threads and maybe ask a few questions.

Seems like a simple solution, if you are genuine.

Sep 28, 2015
Farnham, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
My brother in law always takes a strimmer so we can cut the grass where ever we are and put our mats down.
The wife then moans that their grandchildren are treading the grass in all the time!!

Aug 21, 2020
Stevenage, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote low profile
Exp
Since 2013

Hi Jim, has there been any further development in securing a site? Iā€™m looking at booking again as we enjoyed it last year šŸ˜€ thank you.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thank you Lenny HB , hope to see you there , I have just got to get myself together , gonna try a couple of Local DA meets to see if , I enjoy it on my own with the dog .
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back