Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Ordered a ribbed Griddle pan with folding handle from Amazon, £15.34p.
Arrived yesterday, all packaging in good condition but folding handle had piece chipped off underside.
Sent an email to Amazon, teatime, had reply back couple of hours later asking me what I would like to happen, said I wanted to keep pan (chip off handle did not show and I didn’t want to go thru the return & re-order etc.) and would like a refund of some sort.
Email this morning apologising and said keep the pan and we are sending a full refund!
Well happy, I’ve got a free pan that works very well!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Amazon probably could not have returned it to supplier, as they may have chipped it, so it would have cost Amazon price of a new one so they might just as well refunded and saved another delivery.

Anyway a result for you.

What did you use to chip it?:LOL:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I think I might order one and I think it too might arrive with a chip in the handle!:wink:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
these free refunds are all very well but it gets people thinking they can do it all the time so anyone selling on ebay is in danger of people complaining about things there is nothing up with, involving all the posting and returning caper.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
these free refunds are all very well but it gets people thinking they can do it all the time so anyone selling on ebay is in danger of people complaining about things there is nothing up with, involving all the posting and returning caper.

Had that a few times ....... which is why I started to ask for batch and expiry numbers plus a photo. If the batch and expiry was one of our items there was a refund (around 5 in over 10 years) ..... but towards the middle of last year we found lots of batch numbers and expiry dates that did not match ours. The resulting investigation found someone selling replica items but with our contact details in the package! It ruined our business (we had never sold on ebay) as people posted on social media that we were unhelpful, sold rubbish etc etc. We now no longer trade (finished at the end of June) and had ads in all the trade magazines saying any products reputed to be ours that were bought after 30 June were fakes. Still get calls though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I ordered a slate cheese board a couple of weeks ago, specially engraved for our friends silver wedding present. They sent the wrong one (wooden instead of slate) but wouldn't consider sending a replacement without a photo from me confirming that I had received a wooden one! They also wanted a photo of the paperwork that came with it as it had the names on of the staff who had packed and checked the order, so I guess they must have been reprimanded in some way but it makes you wonder how many people must try it on for them to risk alienating their customer by seeming to disbelieve them.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I had a photo ready to send but there was no where on the form to attach it.
I would have sent it if they had asked.
See below-
09EB4CA0-D797-498E-8B67-00BD2C4EB0EC.jpeg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there you go, a free chip pan

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for a photo of the damage...
The customer always has the option of returning any item without reason under Distance Selling Regulations.
It's up to the seller whether to replace a faulty item or offer a discount - they took the judgement that a full refund is more economical than paying for return, & sending a new item.
Win win

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
There was a item on news the other day, complaining about this amazon policy of giving refunds without getting goods returned, the seller loses out without compensation. People are now doing this on a regular basis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back