Nov 6, 2019
Lancaster and Morecambe area
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2020
Email from Caravan and Motorhome Club:

"The safety and well being of our guests, staff and local communities, remains our top priority and so we ask for your continued support to keep our campsites as safe as possible. In order to support this, all members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. In addition, we may check the residential addresses on our system to confirm arriving members are not from an area that does not permit travel."

Just to be clear, this is not a criticism of the CAMC, who may have no option but to comply with Government Requirements to be able to stay open.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
With the infections rising as they are and many advocating to let it rip through the community to promote herd immunity and many others blatantly ignoring Government guidelines, this sadly is only going in one direction with more deaths in the weeks to come.

OP
OP
NorthernSoul
Nov 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2020
With the infections rising as they are and many advocating to let it rip through the community to promote herd immunity and many others blatantly ignoring Government guidelines, this sadly is only going in one direction with more deaths in the weeks to come.
Indeed so. I predict that there will be over 10000 deaths a week over the next few weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Indeed so. I predict that there will be over 10000 deaths a week over the next few weeks.

I really do hope you are wrong!!!!!

they have announced today that they have started using the overflow beds in the Nightingale hospitals in parts of Wales.

OP
OP
NorthernSoul
Nov 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2020
Why do you think that ? We've never got anywhere near that even in the first wave ? The 8 month average here is a bit over 4k/month
There's about 600,000 deaths per year in the UK, Covid-19 or no Covid-19.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
One of our local hotspots is Telford where cases have quadrupled over the last 4 weeks.

This week 4 people have been admitted to hospital.

Make of that what you will.
Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, we're talking very small numbers in a large population

More people probably had a heart attack on the toilet this morning!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There's about 600,000 deaths per year in the UK, Covid-19 or no Covid-19.
Yes we all know that so what has it got to do with the virus? If you said the 12k usual deaths per week was going to increase by 10k/week then it would be cause for concern. Otherwise it isn't news .

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
2014, 2015 we lost over 40,000 to ordinary flu. Google it if you do not believe me.
not 10,000 in one week though as has been suggested above...

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
One of our local hotspots is Telford where cases have quadrupled over the last 4 weeks.

This week 4 people have been admitted to hospital.

Make of that what you will.

As i have been saying, back in March / April / May cases were actual people with full blown Covid, now a case is a positive test, most of the time with little or no symptoms.

Oct 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
As i have been saying, back in March / April / May cases were actual people with full blown Covid, now a case is a positive test, most of the time with little or no symptoms.
Back in March, April and May, rather tested and counted, told to hide in you're bedroom and isolate. So only tested if hospitalised.

Now we've done more tests than France and Spain put together or approx 50% more than Germany.

More test equal more cases....

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Back in March, April and May, rather tested and counted, told to hide in you're bedroom and isolate. So only tested if hospitalised.

Now we've done more tests than France and Spain put together or approx 50% more than Germany.

More test equal more cases....

Not cases, positive test results

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back