replacement or repair shower tray Hymer B640? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Does anybody know or recommend where a Hymer B640 1998 shower tray can be made from GRP if the company has the old tray as a mould, this combines the toilet floor too.

Seen a possible van, the dealer say they will take the whole tray out and glass fibre the underneath of the tray then put back in. Would this suffice or would it be better to get a complete, heavy duty, thicker tray bespoke made.

Support underneath would be the kay so if it is coming out, which is a major job, then they could fully support underneath, but it seems stupid to re-use the old tray when the big job is getting it out.

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
No reason why you couldn't take out the old tray, lay finer glass down and put a sheet of vinyl over the top with an outlet in the floor.

Leave the tray out completely, just a thought.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Try Derek Justice GRP Leisure Derbyshire he was recommended to us by @Mags52 he made us a replacement sink for our bathroom and it was a lot stronger than the original.
Mention you are a member of Fun if you contact him I’ll see if I can dig out his contact details if you want them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Try Derek Justice GRP Leisure Derbyshire he was recommended to us by @Mags52 he made us a replacement sink for our bathroom and it was a lot stronger than the original.
Mention you are a member of Fun if you contact him I’ll see if I can dig out his contact details if you want them

Thanks, do they have a website, I cannot seem to find it. It seems a shame that once the tray is out a bespoke GRP thick one cannot be sourced.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Im sure Ive seen companies at shows that do trays the thing that appeale to me about the speedcoat is they inject foam underneath first to reinforce then fill and refinnish how you go on about repairing a plumbing leak afterwards could be a problem!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Or have it injected underneath and refinished speedcoat is one of the systems there must be some on here that could give feedback on how well it works

Yes, we had ours repaired with speedcote, over 18 months ago. First class job.

Carried out by Dave Newell Leisure services, he's based in Telford, Shropshire, and there is an all year round site close by.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks, do they have a website, I cannot seem to find it. It seems a shame that once the tray is out a bespoke GRP thick one cannot be sourced.
I can’t find his card at the moment but he has a Facebook page GRP Leisure Derby.......I think there was a post of @Mags52 with his details
Found a post
B31A6958-3ECC-4871-9D79-DB450EE16A18.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm still waiting to hear back from our dealer about our cracked shower tray but as removing it is likely to destroy it totally (I think it's glued down and is so thin that it will likely split into pieces) so I might be looking to have Speedcoat done on ours (with some reinforcement underneath) and sending the dealer the receipt to refund us!

Can anyone who's had it done tell me how much it adds to the thickness of the tray as we won't have much play due to the pull round shower tambour door that sits on the tray?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back