Replace bathroom door handle? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
When inside the bathroom the door handle takes up space I would like back, has anyone replaced a handle with a push button arrangement like on a locker door?

OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
This is on a bathroom door on a 2016 Tribute. I took the grub screws out of the handles, tried pulling them off the spindle and they didn't budge. I notice slots a in the door rose. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the hadles and rose off and get to the actual screws / latch bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2020
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Didnā€™t take the grub screws out. On ours removed the two wood screws that holds the body onto the door then the the two handles just pulled apart.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Mine has a push button on it same as the cupboards

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Didnā€™t take the grub screws out. On ours removed the two wood screws that holds the body onto the door then the the two handles just pulled apart.
There aren't any screws visible unfortunately so I expect the slot in the rose is somehow used to get the rise cover off to reveal the screws. i just don't know how!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
IMG-20240308-WA0001.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Mine has a push button on it same as the cupboards
Do you open and close the bathroom door with a push button? If so, Rockpool's idea of photos was a good one, could I have a photo of yours please and if it's OEM then what vehicle.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Do you open and close the bathroom door with a push button? If so, Rockpool's idea of photos was a good one, could I have a photo of yours please and if it's OEM then what vehicle.
Mines an older van I will send pics but the door closes the same as cupboard doors

Upvote 0
May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Are the fixing screws concealed behind the round chrome centre boss. The large round outer chrome ring.

Try unscrewing this anticlockwise as the screw heads are usually located in the plastic or alloy door handle boss.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
This is remains of our towel holder in our Autotrail, anyone need know how it's fixed on as I cannot budge it?

On the door front, I've taken the grubs screws out of the handles but I still haven't been able to get either them and R the rise cover off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Steve the Man (local MCEA) got my bathroom door handles and roses off for me! I'm still baffled by the towel ring, here is a coat hook with I believe a similar fitting it seems to have some kind of screw thread.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
It's now on, same fitting as Rockpool, looks good the everso fiddliness of using it is more than made up by the extra space in the bathroom.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2023
North Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise carrera 4
Exp
Since 2011
We got fed up with the bathroom door bashing into the person stood in the galley, so I got rid of it and fitted a tambour door. Worth every penny in our van based motorhome. šŸ˜€

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2021
Framlingham, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 774
Exp
Since 2017
Iā€™ve got a Swift 744 with the same handle fitted, protrudes too far into gap between sink and door and has fairly sharp chisel end. The rose just pulled off revealing the screws. I fitted one of the cabin door handles Rockpool found but just taken it off as rattles loudly in transit and fiddly to use. Anybody finds anything else would be grateful. The chisel handle is used on Hymers. Fine if youā€™ve got the space.

Upvote 0
Nov 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Campervan
We got fed up with the bathroom door bashing into the person stood in the galley, so I got rid of it and fitted a tambour door. Worth every penny in our van based motorhome. šŸ˜€
I Like the idea as have a Adria Twin and would consider doing the same. Any suggestions of who to get one from ? Is it fairly straight forward ?
Thanks, Mike

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2023
North Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise carrera 4
Exp
Since 2011
I Like the idea as have a Adria Twin and would consider doing the same. Any suggestions of who to get one from ? Is it fairly straight forward ?
Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike. We live in N Devon and collected our door from clearcutconversions.co.uk
They deliver for Ā£15. Expect to pay around Ā£235. If you google tambour doors, they all appear to be similar in design.
You can find lots of tips on installation by searching tambour door on you tube. I found it fairly easy to install, and a lot more convenient to use.

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back