Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good morning All

so what’s going on then, renewal due end of this month just been told by current insurer (Campton) that they are unable to quote as my vehicle is too expensive to be kept on a public highway, just called comfort told the same story, this is going to be fun.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Easier to steal. Might get run into.

Have you looked at storage options?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah what you got, if it's the cost of repairing your vehicle can't you just have fire and theft?
Sorry said that backwards :doh: should have meant third party without fire and theft.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Same story with caravan guard, no can do.
cant use storage as the vehicle is used most days to commute. I have parked on the road and been insured for the past 20 years with out issues.
low pro file coach built, only vans to be insured now are van conversions (sprinters) Volkswagen etc or value under 25k

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
cant use storage as the vehicle is used most days to commute. I have parked on the road and been insured for the past 20 years with out issues.
low pro file coach built, only vans to be insured now are van conversions (sprinters) Volkswagen etc or value under 25k
There's going to be a lot of vans with no insurance then.
Sorry there's got to be more to this than you are telling us.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Nothing being withheld I was as surprised as you are when my renewal came through yesterday, I checked with them and they said they were not happy at turning customers away either.
three companies this morning have directed me to Adrian flux

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes I had a problem finding insurance when I had to change to parked on road.
The broker I went with was Scenic.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Things change - underwriters will review risks and take a judgement based on commercial need.
If no-one will insure you parking it on the road, then only option is to park it offroad.

If your circumstances haven't changed... perhaps the risk profile of your postcode has.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Good morning All

so what’s going on then, renewal due end of this month just been told by current insurer (Campton) that they are unable to quote as my vehicle is too expensive to be kept on a public highway, just called comfort told the same story, this is going to be fun.

'Too expensive'?

It is a renewal. Are they saying it is worth more this year than when they insured it last year????

Or have you changed the parking?

Geoff

Deleted User

My policy with Campton's specifically excludes commuting.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Good morning All

So what value motor can you park on the road? Never heard of a refusal before after 20 years with the same policy, put it up to ridiculous amount, yes, but to come out and say they won't do it, crazy.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Good morning All

You could try Advance Insurance - they are brokers and quite switched on.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Mt mate delivered a new 130k mercedes to a terraced house once where the buyer said that in all the years he had lived there he had never once been able to park in his own street.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Not related to the original post, but....

I am shopping around at present and many brokers do not want to provide quotes online and will only give a quote over the 'phone. No way of checking fine print that way :cautious:

Not the cheapest but the best value for money so far is CMC and I am not a member. 365 days European cover and not the £500 maximum windscreen cover that some insurers are now imposing.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
NFU are far more understanding under circumstances not accepted elsewhere, not usually the cheapest but tend to be within reach of other insurers quotes

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
NFU are far more understanding under circumstances not accepted elsewhere, not usually the cheapest but tend to be within reach of other insurers quotes
That's my advice as well but it seems to be a very unusual case, probably an area they don't deal with.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
My policy with Campton's specifically excludes commuting.
Unfortunately it’s matters not if you have commuting included or not, if your Motorhome is parked on the public highway and valued over £25k then Compton will not insure you.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Just waiting for the caravan club to confirm that their highway policy Covers highway parking, if so then I’m ok for the next 12 months.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
highway insurance is a part of LV insurance

Deleted User
Unfortunately it’s matters not if you have commuting included or not, if your Motorhome is parked on the public highway and valued over £25k then Compton will not insure you.

I mentioned it because they would not offer me cover for commuting.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
That’s strange as my policy did have commuting as part of it.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years