Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
Hi, can anyone help me with the removal of a Oyster Vision satellite system please? I am about to change my motorhome and am going to remove the system myself. I have removed previous systems before, however I am not sure of how to remove the control panel as it is different to the last one I removed. The system is about 3 years old and has the small control panel with 3 buttons at the bottom. I think it may just be stuck on, but I don't want to attack it and then find that it was screwed on! I suspect it would all end in tears!!:cry: Any guidance on this would really be appreciated. Thank you

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
There are (should be) removeable panels either end that clip on. There will be screws behind the two panels. There is also a slot for an SD card should the system ever need updating

Thats the easy bit.

Removing the roof panel cable and gland will make you sweat. No tricks just a chees wire, blades and a selection of scrapers to do the job

Good luck ;) post if you need more help

OP
OP
enjohn49

enjohn49

Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks for your reply. Are any type of blanking plugs available for the entry gland?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
OP
OP
enjohn49

enjohn49

Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks once again. The other alternative I had considered, was leaving the cable then renewing when refitting the system. I have also sent a request for a quote.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That will be expensive. We tend to leave the plate as it is more cost effective for our customers to buy a new one than pay us by the hour to remove it. if you have plenty of time that is a different matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
enjohn49

enjohn49

Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
I will remove the old system myself but would need to have it refitted professionally. I have just looked at the control panel and it appears that the installer decided to stick the unit (with self adhesive pad?) instead of fitting it into a housing!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back