Remoska (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
'Remoska' given up the ghost ... crikey just looking to purchase another as I love them BUT the price :(
They have certainly shot up
Anyone out there who can suggest an alternative, or doI just have to dig deep and buy a new Remoska ?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
There is a remoska pot available with eu plug hope someone will be on to advise as a few funsters have bought.
Try checking wiring under lid friend did and he had a loose wire, back in working order now.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don't they have a lifetime guarantee?

I always thought they did.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't they have a lifetime guarantee?

I always thought they did.
Only if bought through Lakeland (their price was mostly very high) in the period that they offered that - now it's 3 years.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
'Remoska' given up the ghost ... crikey just looking to purchase another as I love them BUT the price :(
They have certainly shot up
Anyone out there who can suggest an alternative, or doI just have to dig deep and buy a new Remoska ?
As scotzsue said it's worth opening it up & looking for obvious problems as the design is quite simple inside. Our wiring broke near the handle as we were storing it with the cable wound backwards but just shortened the cable - it was a fiddly job to totally dismantle & reassemble but worthwhile. If nothing obvious then it has a reasonable value secondhand selling for spares.
Will try to find links for alternatives that I've seen as Alza did stop selling these to UK recently.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As scotzsue said it's worth opening it up & looking for obvious problems as the design is quite simple inside. Our wiring broke near the handle as we were storing it with the cable wound backwards but just shortened the cable - it was a fiddly job to totally dismantle & reassemble but worthwhile. If nothing obvious then it has a reasonable value secondhand selling for spares.
Will try to find links for alternatives that I've seen as Alza did stop selling these to UK recently.
Alza only sell the Tria to UK now https://www.alza.co.uk/search.htm?exps=remoska
1629800840560.png

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Woo Hoo! Lakeland refurbished standard Remoska Ā£74.99 delivered <Broken link removed>
Lakeland Grand Remoska Ā£84.99 delivered <Broken link removed>
Tria Ā£99.00 delivered <Broken link removed>
We had one refurbished & was as new :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
lamyj hope you spot the above post as these refurb Remoska are likely to sell out quickly!

OP
OP
lamyj
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
Thanks everyone for your advice ....
checked wiring, no issues as far has I can see
Will check out the links you have kindly sent me

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi all,

So, I took the plunge and grabbed one of the refurb standard Remoskas. The description said "non-essential parts may be missing"... I thought, I can't see anything that's non-essential so bought one. Half the price of a new one - result! :giggle:

Problem is that when it arrived, it did not include the stand!!! :cry:
I contacted Lakeland and they said that the stand is considered non-essential since I can use a trivet ?!?

So, my question to all you Remoska aficionados is:
Can I use a Remoska on a metal trivet. How hot is the trivet likely to get and do you think it will damage a worktop or the Remoska pan?

thanks
Sue

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Only if bought through Lakeland (their price was mostly very high) in the period that they offered that - now it's 3 years.
I would still have a word with Lakeland they are very good normally, I would go along with the ā€˜can it be repaired pleaseā€™ if you bought it from them originally

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
It is plastic and doesn't seem to get very hot. I've never checked it while the pot is really hot. Tend to leave it all standing until the pot has cooled.
I did once forget the stand, senior moment, and it slightly marked the board.
You might find a stand on ebay?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
We have the stand but also place it on a wooden bread board and silicone mat. Belt and braces.
I didnā€™t get a stand with mine so we just turn the lid upside down so the element side is up when we are stirring food in the pan. the lid doesnā€™t get hit on the upper side.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I didnā€™t get a stand with mine so we just turn the lid upside down so the element side is up when we are stirring food in the pan. the lid doesnā€™t get hit on the upper side.
Did you get a stand that the remoska itself sits in? Agree the lid supports itself upside down

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
On another point, does anyone with the standard remoska use a rack? How do you remove, say, a flan tray nearly the diameter of the rack when its scorching hot in there and no room for grabbing it without touching the sides? We've had both of us fishing around at the same time :LOL::unsure:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had a grand without the stand, just used a round chopping board instead with no issues. As for retrieving a flan etc I generally find a couple of pairs of tongs is sufficient to get hold of the sides to lift it out.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I always use the rack if I'm cooking in a dish then it's easy enough to lift out the dish on the rack using oven gloves or a tea towel. I certainly wouldn't be trying to lift the dish out on it's own as I'm sure I'd manage to burn myself on the sides of the Remoska.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I always use the rack if I'm cooking in a dish then it's easy enough to lift out the dish on the rack using oven gloves or a tea towel. I certainly wouldn't be trying to lift the dish out on it's own as I'm sure I'd manage to burn myself on the sides of the Remoska.
Easy enough šŸ˜¬ I wish! There's barely space for fingers between the edge of the dish and the remoska sides. We can't access the rack underneath. Maybe you have the larger remoska?
Think of a coffin lowered into the ground ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦in reverse
a folded strip of tinfoil shud do the job
Yes, this or similar (y)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Easy enough šŸ˜¬ I wish! There's barely space for fingers between the edge of the dish and the remoska sides. We can't access the rack underneath. Maybe you have the larger remoska?

Yes, this or similar (y)
If you place the longer side of the dish at 90 degrees to the handles then you can easily lift the rack out by the handles. I know there's not a lot of room but I seem to manage it without burning myself!

Have to admit I mainly use the large Remoska indoors. The the MH I have the small one and it's definitely more difficult but then I tend not to bother with the rack and just use the base rather than a dish but mainly because I can get more in it to cook!

I always use the rack low in the pan so the higher handle is near the top of the pan. Don't tend to use it the other way to cook things like chops.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have stripped one to have a look after it failed, I have never seen a bigger pile of junk. I wouldn't have another if it was free.
Having looked at what's in the lid itself when one of our old ones stopped working I can confirm that it is extremely 'basic' and that's putting it mildly, it does, however work so sometimes basic may be all that is needed ... just imagine how much they would be if they weren't! :eek:

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
Having looked at what's in the lid itself when one of our old ones stopped working I can confirm that it is extremely 'basic' and that's putting it mildly, it does, however work so sometimes basic may be all that is needed ... just imagine how much they would be if they weren't! :eek:
I like basic but ours was just dangerous. We were getting shocks from ours, it was never immersed in water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back