LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Lakeland currently have the standard 2L size Remoska for £99 https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62495/Standard-Remoska-2-Litre-Electric-Cooker-with-Glass-Lid-Black with their 3 year guarantee. Going via Quidco gives up to 2.5% cashback & if you are on their mailing list check the recent brochures as there was a £5 voucher (y)
1573815779350.png

For the standard size still not quite as cheap as this Alza version https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r21-original-teflon-d506612.htm?o=9 at £91.40 delivered (plus adapter plug) but only 1 year guarantee & option of longer costs a lot more.

1573815735918.png

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Price reduced to £72.90. 3yr extended warranty 17.50.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Price reduced to £72.90. 3yr extended warranty 17.50.
Alza delivery starts at £14.50 for a Remoska cooker as coming from Czech Republic even though they have UK website now. It does go to £24.50 for two or more so savings to be made if ordering lots.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Alza delivery starts at £14.50 for a Remoska cooker as coming from Czech Republic even though they have UK website now. It does go to £24.50 for two or more so savings to be made if ordering lots.

I wish I'd never read your post.....Have just bought one, our Lakeland grand was getting a bit worn as it lives in the motorhome so thought why not buy one for the home.
Total cost delivered was £91.20. well pleased with that... cheers.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I wish I'd never read your post.....Have just bought one, our Lakeland grand was getting a bit worn as it lives in the motorhome so thought why not buy one for the home.
Total cost delivered was £91.20. well pleased with that... cheers.
We liked the standard one that we use in the motorhome so much that we have the Grand (from Alza) that we use at home - cheaper on electric than our top oven & makes the best roast chicken! :)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Dreadful really but we have never used the oven in our Motorhome from New, the Remoska does everything we need, we also have a slow cooker which gets a lots of use.
Three years ago we bought two Induction hobs, made a plywood cover to sit on top of the cooker, the two hobs sit there and are so much better than the gas hob.
Happy days.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I wonder whether, if i dig out my 10 YO lifetime guarantees, they will swap my 2 with nothing for me to pay ;)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Remoskas work well, but I still wonder why they are the price they charge.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Remoskas work well, but I still wonder why they are the price they charge.
Looking at the prices on Alza.cz (so what they are probably really worth) with conversion the price they charge on their UK website isn't inflated but overseas carriage of such a large item does bump up the overall cost. The cooker is very energy efficient compared to the consumption of a standard electric cooker so some small savings there. Whilst the internal parts of the cooker are reported not to be the best quality (from a review about one that had been opened up) we haven't had or heard of any cookers developing faults. We do switch ours on & off at the power point to save wear & tear on the switch & use a steel tin inside but that's personal choice.
Lakeland had the exclusive rights to sell Remoska in the UK so could charge what they liked & their mark up when not a sale price has been crazy. Lakeland used to be an excellent company & we were regular customers but rarely buy from them now. Like John Lewis they are still handy for electrical goods though with their guarantee terms if prices are the same as other sellers.
All the above just our point of view but may help some reading this.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Not sure how you can measure efficiency.
They are meagre consumers of electricity, which is what makes them so useful in a motorhome, but have no insulation.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not sure how you can measure efficiency.
They are meagre consumers of electricity, which is what makes them so useful in a motorhome, but have no insulation.
Just comparing it to our 1kW top oven it uses almost half the electric (grand Remoska 580W / standard 400W) & cooks pieces of chicken in the same time. If bulk cooking obviously using the large oven in our electric cooker is more sensible.
Also like that in the summer we can cook outside with it so cooler indoors.
Again just our personal experience so may not suit everyone.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Just comparing it to our 1kW top oven it uses almost half the electric (grand Remoska 580W / standard 400W) & cooks pieces of chicken in the same time. If bulk cooking obviously using the large oven in our electric cooker is more sensible.
Also like that in the summer we can cook outside with it so cooler indoors.
Again just our personal experience so may not suit everyone.
I think you'll find that the Remoska is 'On' continuously, whilst your oven is switched 'On' and 'Off' by a thermostat to maintain a temperature. Unless you measure the power consumed to perform the same function in each, you cannot judge which is "more efficient" but I imagine that the oven may be, due to insulation reducing heat loss.
It's not really important, I was just trying to point out that 'better' is not always so by a significant margin in marketing terms and 'efficiency' will depend on what they choose to measure.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I think you'll find that the Remoska is 'On' continuously, whilst your oven is switched 'On' and 'Off' by a thermostat to maintain a temperature. Unless you measure the power consumed to perform the same function in each, you cannot judge which is "more efficient" but I imagine that the oven may be, due to insulation reducing heat loss.
It's not really important, I was just trying to point out that 'better' is not always so by a significant margin in marketing terms and 'efficiency' will depend on what they choose to measure.
Good points about the thermostat & insulation although don't think our ancient cooker has much! We did see a significant reduction in our electric consumption when we started using the Remoska most of the time instead of our home cooker but we were also using the pressure cooker a little more so that would have helped too.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks Jan. ?

We couldn't order today, as it is next day delivery, and we are away tomorrow............but will order before we leave, for a Monday delivery. ?

Cheers,

Jock. ?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We may get one of the Remoskas, are they similar to a pressure cooker?

Had a bad experience with a pressure cooker when I was a kid and put me off them for life.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wonder whether, if i dig out my 10 YO lifetime guarantees, they will swap my 2 with nothing for me to pay ;)
Good luck, the Beverley branch are not the most helpful for that, last time I had to take one back which was faulty (old model) I had to pay extra to get the new model and at that time they were very picky about the age of the one they took back (I think it was only a few years) so I suspect if yours is quite old you won't get very far ... sorry.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Like John Lewis they are still handy for electrical goods though with their guarantee terms if prices are the same as other sellers.
The guarantee isn't what it used to be so buyers need to make sure they check exactly what it is if they buy from them as for some items it is no better than from other shops but they can cost a LOT more from Lakeland.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We may get one of the Remoskas, are they similar to a pressure cooker?

Had a bad experience with a pressure cooker when I was a kid and put me off them for life.
Hi Caroline/Paul. No not like a pressure cooker, but more like an electric pot or oven. The element is in the lid.

The Standard size has a 400w capacity, which is handy to use if you don't have an oven in the MH, but also when not on EHU and you have a decent battery bank and solar supply. We did consider getting the Grand model, but there is only the two of us, so instead of cooking a full chicken for example, we'll just cook portions.
We acquired an older model at home, which Rita has been experimenting with. She's happy with it. (y)

Re the Lakeland Guarantee.....................

The Lakeland Guarantee
Lakeland 3 year Guarantee

Trust Lakeland
We want you to enjoy shopping at Lakeland with complete confidence, which is why, in addition to your statutory rights, every single product you buy from us comes with a 3 year guarantee.
Quality you can depend on
We're committed to offering quality products that will give you amazing results, stand the test of time and provide excellent value for money. No product makes it into our range without us really putting it through its paces; however, if you buy something from us and you're not 100% satisfied, or it is faulty, you can return it for a refund or replacement for up to 3 years – just bring along your receipt or emailed order confirmation as proof of purchase.
We always put you first
For over 50 years, customer service has been at the very heart of our business. Looking after our customers has helped Lakeland thrive since we opened our doors in the 1960s and, as we've grown, we’ve never lost sight of what’s important... you! If you have any questions about our guarantee, or want to return a product, our friendly, knowledgeable staff in store or in our Customer Services team in Windermere will always be happy to help.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Caroline/Paul. No not like a pressure cooker, but more like an electric pot or oven. The element is in the lid.

The Standard size has a 400w capacity, which is handy to use if you don't have an oven in the MH, but also when not on EHU and you have a decent battery bank and solar supply. We did consider getting the Grand model, but there is only the two of us, so instead of cooking a full chicken for example, we'll just cook portions.
We acquired an older model at home, which Rita has been experimenting with. She's happy with it. (y)

The Lakeland Guarantee
Lakeland 3 year Guarantee

Trust Lakeland
We want you to enjoy shopping at Lakeland with complete confidence, which is why, in addition to your statutory rights, every single product you buy from us comes with a 3 year guarantee.
Quality you can depend on
We're committed to offering quality products that will give you amazing results, stand the test of time and provide excellent value for money. No product makes it into our range without us really putting it through its paces; however, if you buy something from us and you're not 100% satisfied, or it is faulty, you can return it for a refund or replacement for up to 3 years – just bring along your receipt or emailed order confirmation as proof of purchase.
We always put you first
For over 50 years, customer service has been at the very heart of our business. Looking after our customers has helped Lakeland thrive since we opened our doors in the 1960s and, as we've grown, we’ve never lost sight of what’s important... you! If you have any questions about our guarantee, or want to return a product, our friendly, knowledgeable staff in store or in our Customer Services team in Windermere will always be happy to help.

Cheers,

Many thanks Jock, it looks like a no-brainer then especially as they are on offer at Lakeland.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Many thanks Jock, it looks like a no-brainer then especially as they are on offer at Lakeland.
Yes Paul, and even though they are cheaper again at Alzashop, you have to pay extra for the further 2 x years guarantee, so it works out at roughly the same. Once the Black Friday deal is over, Alzashop might be the place to get your Remoska from.

Thanks to RowleyBirkinQC for that link. (y)

Cheers,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
however, if you buy something from us and you're not 100% satisfied, or it is faulty, you can return it for a refund or replacement for up to 3 years – just bring along your receipt or emailed order confirmation as proof of purchase.
Not wishing to upset anyone but the "for up to 3 years" is the bit to watch out for ... it is down to the shop to determine if you've had good use out of an item and if so they can be a bit shirty ... I had a Remoska that went kaput and even though it hadn't had a lot of use and was very clean they were still, shall we say, 'reluctant' to do anything.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am sure that they would trll me I have had a 'lifetimes'use out of ours. Quite often use the grand instead of putting the oven on a home.
We can get a whole small chicken and a few veg in the standard makes a lovely 'sunday dinner'.
make goose fat roasties in the big one at Christmas, yummy and veg oil ones in the small for my vegan family. I do have shallow pans as well for both but find that the food doesn't cook so well or quickly in those for some reason, they make good cake tins for the oven though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back