Remappers at Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We're just about to set off for Peterborough and I shall be looking at getting the MH remapped (100hp Peugeot 2.2HDi). Who, typically will be there as far as companies offering this service, and who would you recommend? A bit late I know. Also looking at ebikes. Could be an expensive weekend!

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Steve I had mine done by Quantum very good, took about 45minutes what a difference it makes some say it is not a good thing to have done but I will take the chance(y)

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Aren't Quantum something to do with WOW (who I've heard about)?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi @stevec what age is your mh and do you put it into dealers for service and any updates..
if you do, would recommend getting a map on a device you can install yourself and change back to original if required.. if the ecu is ever flashed with updates then any map you are running is overwritten and would need doing again...that's my understanding . if that's never likely to happen then my point doesn't matter.
ta andy

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Our last motorhome a 3ltr Autotrail Arapaho was remapped and we have just had our 2.3ltr Apache done by Diesel Bob from Ribchester, the Apache was so under powered at 130bhp, pulled ok on the straight but any hills just killed it, best fuel consumption 27mpg.
Remap has taken it up to 168bhp so far have only driven it back from Ribchester but mananged 28mpg into a strong headwind down the M6, pulling power was also noticeably improved.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
hi @stevec what age is your mh and do you put it into dealers for service and any updates..
if you do, would recommend getting a map on a device you can install yourself and change back to original if required.. if the ecu is ever flashed with updates then any map you are running is overwritten and would need doing again...that's my understanding . if that's never likely to happen then my point doesn't matter.
ta andy

Just a quick note, I asked about the point made above and was told any service updates wouldn`t affect the remap, also a remap can not be seen by a dealer, or picked up by the rumour that mot`s would be looking for remapped engines.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Just a quick note, I asked about the point made above and was told any service updates wouldn`t affect the remap, also a remap can not be seen by a dealer, or picked up by the rumour that mot`s would be looking for remapped engines.

well ive been running different maps for a number of years and both companies have told me the same.. nothing to do with whether its detectable but even updates will overwrite the modified map.. I put it back to original file and reflash with the modified after its been updated..
worth checking anyway if its likely to require updates.
ta andy

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
It's a 2006 Peugeot Boxer. Doesn't see a dealership. I prefer to self service or have major work done by an independant (he says having only owned it for 11 months!). I don't see updates as being an issue, but a valid point if anyone comes across this thread at a later date.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
well ive been running different maps for a number of years and both companies have told me the same.. nothing to do with whether its detectable but even updates will overwrite the modified map.. I put it back to original file and reflash with the modified after its been updated..
worth checking anyway if its likely to require updates.
ta andy

Thanks for that, I will get back to Diesel Bobs and ask them to clarify that point, I did ask the question could the remap be over written when going in for a service for updates etc and was told No it couldn`t be as they don`t go into the route of the ECU program.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
cheers @stevec , like I say I not 100% sure but that's the best info I have on that point and its been up on the transit forum as well... same as you, do all my own work but just never know if it would have to be returned to dealer for some ecu work.
ta andy

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi @robnchris I've checked with martyn (vantuner) on the point and he confirmed that any update is basically a re write and I should return the map to original before getting it done...but went on to say that Ford have no further routine updates for my van now so shouldn't be an issue.
I would be interested to know what your company say if you can be bothered ...just interested
Ta andy

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Hi Andy,

Have spoken with the guys that did my remapping and he said that under normal servicing there shouldn`t be a problem but if there was a factory software upgrade then the program would be over written.
So I would suggest to anyone having an engine remap that they get the company doing it to agree in these circumstance that they will re-install the software free of charge, if that isn`t agreed then when having the engine serviced ensure the garage doesn`t alter the software.
You could of course have the vehicle serviced by the company doing the remap hence protecting your investment.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
thanks for that chris, that was my understanding..
i know people who have had to go back and get the map reinstalled after updates and they were charged something again for the pleasure... one of the reasons I went for a device that allowed me to interchange them myself.
as an aside im currently running a map that has deleted the egr function on the engine as I cant just blank mine without it generating fault codes and possibly going into limp. will post back on @Techno100 thread after ive run it for a bit.
ta again for the reply.
andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back