Remap - Generic Map Or Custom? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
That's all. Don't want to know opinions on whether remapping is good or bad.

Local guy says he creates tailored maps and doesn't use anyone else's generic maps. Or would it be safer to use someeone like Quantum?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Personally I would want a tried and tested map.
It is likely there are known ecu changes on specific engines that produce certain changes in performance and your local guy is familiar with them.
Perhaps his offer of a tailored map is no more than sales bluster to impress his customers.
if a map is tried and tested you know it will be stable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Has he got a rolling road? One that can take the weight of a motorhome front end? Need one to do a custom map.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
If you have a twin egr model i would be concerned thÀt it took a long time before quantum et al offerred one. If your guy can pont to specific experance of your model that would help me making my mind up?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Has he got a rolling road? One that can take the weight of a motorhome front end? Need one to do a custom map.
I've been down that road. Noone within a zillion miles of me has a rolling road that will take an A class motorhome.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
If you have a twin egr model i would be concerned thÀt it took a long time before quantum et al offerred one. If your guy can pont to specific experance of your model that would help me making my mind up?
I think mine is twin EGR and quantum's list does not show my model, though I haven't enquired I assume they should do it. Do you have any other info?

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I went for the custom map as the generic one can only make set changes to performance and I was able to define what changes I wanted.

That was 10 years ago and the performance has been just as I expected.

Mine was done by Alex trading as Boosters in Norfolk, but he may have retired now. He had quite a lot of experience of re-mapping Fiat 2.8jtd engines in those days.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I think mine is twin EGR and quantum's list does not show my model, though I haven't enquired I assume they should do it. Do you have any other info?
I have a twin egr model and know it is very different to other engines. I and another owner had been looking to remap (not just more power but to better control injection variances). very little info is available. I believe it can be done but not where. It is very much a throttled engine, the 130 has the worst of all worlds when it comes to the spec of various components when compared to the 150 ( or even auto box the comformatic has the stronger M40 box). If having a custom map these can be catered for and restricting oomph but getting more than the current pitance. My mate "honest not me " would be interested in modifing LPEGR map. PS the deficiencies of the 130 has been covered elsewhere, just cant remember what, where or when.
If a tuner really understands how this engine works and has a rolling road then this would produce a better result than a generic map.
As a total asside is it possible to hijack the error code system and add a custom code under specific conditions

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I have a twin egr model and know it is very different to other engines. I and another owner had been looking to remap (not just more power but to better control injection variances). very little info is available. I believe it can be done but not where. It is very much a throttled engine, the 130 has the worst of all worlds when it comes to the spec of various components when compared to the 150 ( or even auto box the comformatic has the stronger M40 box). If having a custom map these can be catered for and restricting oomph but getting more than the current pitance. My mate "honest not me " would be interested in modifing LPEGR map. PS the deficiencies of the 130 has been covered elsewhere, just cant remember what, where or when.
If a tuner really understands how this engine works and has a rolling road then this would produce a better result than a generic map.
As a total asside is it possible to hijack the error code system and add a custom code under specific conditions
Thanks. Forgive my ignorance of this subject but I did not understand any of that.

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back