romany

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
I have seen a few threads regarding remaps on a few forums as well as here I have not seen any mention of how it affects your warranties (maybe not looked hard enough) any way I believe i have had a lucky escape.

I have bought a new auto trail 670 the dealer selling this vehicle to me advised a remap as it would save on petrol and increase power and make a smoother drive, having been a mechanic a few years back my first question was does this affect my fiat warranty, the answer was no which when pressed changed to only on the ECU but you have a one year guaranty from us.

I pointed out that fiats warranty was two years and with a extended facility with an extra payment I was again assured only the ECU warranty was affected and they would cover that.

Because I am so trusting:xsmile:I phoned Fiat international customer services and was told in no uncertain terms that if I had it done my fiat warranty would be null and void all of it not just ECU they went on to say that any agents selling their vehicles were told this and were told to make sure their customers buying were made aware of what they would be loosing if it was done.

They also asked for the name of the dealer selling the vehicle as they wished to follow it up.

I have posted this in case no one realised this because they weren't told

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I know of two cars that were chipped and suffered serious engine damage and lost the warranty. Both personal friends of mine.
Fiat sounded annoyed didn’t they?

OP
OP
romany

romany

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
I know of two cars that were chipped and suffered serious engine damage and lost the warranty. Both personal friends of mine.
Fiat sounded annoyed didn’t they?

Yes very annoyed unusually they seem to take customer service very seriously, they asked a few questions about how I was getting on with the vehicle and took their time explaining how some things worked that i wasn't sure about.

So far a big thumbs up for Fiats aftercare service I hope it continues if I need them

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks for posting and gettng a clear cut response from Fiat regarding warranty invalidation. I like many guessed that would be the answer, as there are so many dodgy supposed re-maps available including the plug & play jobbies that you remove before service, all sound well dodgy, and I have yet to hear from any Funster of the MPG increasing enough to make much of a difference.
Its well discussed that Fiat Engines take at least 8K plus miles to be run in, whereupon performance and MPG should also improve.
I will let you know when we get there, but no re-maps for me, cant afford the risk of needing new engine replacement.
What engine do you have in terms of BHP? 150BHP is the favoured choice it would seem on the Euro 6, 180 BHP if you can afford it added to the options list.
Happy travels
Les

OP
OP
romany

romany

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
Hi Les

I have the 130 BHP only done about 40 miles so far 30 of that on motorway, engine seems very responsive and no problems getting to normal motorway speeds, so far very happy with base vehicle so far.:)

As seems to be the same who ever you use, not so happy with dealer or auto trailers quality control small niggardly things picked up by us before picking up and not done as promised.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back