Relative Newbies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by StevieBambs, May 6, 2012.

1. StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Ratings:
    +28
    Hi to all.

We are relatively new to motor homes, we bought an Autoquest Suntour 300 last June which we love. But we have now decided to get one with a little more room, so we traded the Autoquest in & we pick up an Autotrail Apache 700 SE next Saturday. ::bigsmile:

We spent ages finding out how everything works in the Autoquest & now I suppose we will be spending time finding out how even more things work ? So I am sure that we will be needing to ask the experienced motorhomers for advice. :helpsos:

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +28,350
    Hi , and welcome to Fun

well, that's two down , only one to go and you will have the perfect van.. :winky::roflmto:

so they say... enjoy your new toy :Smile:

3. DESCO

DESCO

Ratings:
    +269
    Totally agree with Jim, best of luck.

4. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,039
    Hi & welcome :thumb:
    terry

5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,550
    Hello and welcome to Fun, enjoy your new van. :welcomefunster:

6. StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers all

Cheers to you all :thumb:

it will take quite a while to read the loads of useful information on this site, hopefully if I come across a problem (with the new van) it will be one that has been dealt with previously ?

7. StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Ratings:
    +28
    Looking forward to next weekend

We are having an 95w solar panel fitted on Monday, hopefully this should be large enough for when we are not on a hook up ?

We also found a Riviera Mobil 300 awning in the motorhome, but there was no poles. So contacted Riversway leisure & was pleasantly surprised that a set of poles was only a tenner. They had one set up in their showroom & looks ok for our needs, has anybody used / got one of these awnings ?

Next weekend we are going down to Exe Valley caravan site, in Exmoor, for a week in our newly acquired Autotrail. It looks like a very pleasant, quiet site, with a pub very close by. Has anybody been to this site ?

ROLL ON NEXT SATURDAY ::bigsmile:

8. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +10,687
    awning

Hi, Ive got one of these awnings its ok nice and lightweight but I bought a kit to fix it into the wind out awning rail I think it was about £20 well worth it saves a lot of messing about
    figure of 8 material with plastic channels to feed your tent material in makes for a neat job as your van will have a channel already in wind out awning to feed into:roflmto:

9. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Ratings:
    +1,971
    welcome from us also

A warm welcome from us also.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

10. StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers Mike.

I have to check the bag that it is in & see if there is one in with it ?

11. f6c

f6c Funster

Ratings:
    +1,214
    welcome

Welcome aboard:winky:

12. Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog Funster

Ratings:
    +272
    Hello, welcome to FUN

13. StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Ratings:
    +28
    Wonderful relaxing week

Hi.

Just returned from the Exe Valley caravan site, in Exmoor. What a wonderful relaxing week, hot & sunny most of the week (always helps?).

A very friendly site, where everybody stopped & chatted with each other (didn't matter whether you were in a motorhome, a caravan or a tent). I must admit that once or twice Val was a little upset when it kept taking me a couple of hours just going to the loo. :roflmto:
    We made some great new friends & one pointed out that the Autotrail came with stabiliser legs (that's one that I missed !). Great toilet blocks & free showers with an endless supply of hot water.

Pub was only 100-150 yrds away - great beer & good food (Steak night Tuesdays - 2 x 8oz steaks, chips, onion rings, mushrooms & peas for £12).

Only downside was that they don't have a digital tv signal yet, there was me thinking that everywhere was digital now, but I just got the mobile dish out & had no problems. The other thing was that only Orange & 3 mobile got a phone signal (personally I preferred it that way, though me get a payg orange sim for emergencies?).

A great place to go for our 1st week away in our new van & we will definitely go back.

Attached Files: