Registration hymer in Spain

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
#mayflower2012#
Hi I'm interested in buying 1995 hymer 564, registered in Ireland the owner wants to register the hymer in Spain and they say it can't be registered only in year 2025 can someone explain this thanks.
IMG-20230322-WA0000.jpg

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
No idea, sorry.

Perhaps it is easier for vintage vehicles? Over 30 years old?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi I'm interested in buying 1995 hymer 564, registered in Ireland the owner wants to register the hymer in Spain and they say it can't be registered only in year 2025 can someone explain this thanks. View attachment 730465

I am somewhat confused by the situation described in your post.

You are writing from Portugal, according to the National Flag in your Avatar, but where are you normally Resident?

You say it is registered in Ireland, but why does the owner want to register it in Spain? Or do you mean you want to register it in Spain once you are the owner?

Please clarify.

Geoff

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
#mayflower2012#
Hi the owner tryed to register the hymer in Spain, they said it can't be registered, I'm interested in buying the hymer, I live in the Algarve Vilamoura, I must still find out if l can register the van in Portugal. Why do they refuse to register the van in Spain. Thanks

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi the owner tryed to register the hymer in Spain, they said it can't be registered, I'm interested in buying the hymer, I live in the Algarve Vilamoura, I must still find out if l can register the van in Portugal. Why do they refuse to register the van in Spain. Thanks
the owner should find someone who knows the rules.
the vehicle is left hand drive .
it is registered in an EU country 6 the owner is an eu citizen.
the EU directive states quite plainly that any vehicle already registered in an EU state can be re-registered in another state without any objections being raised .
the only possibility of refusal is that the owner does not live in spain & therefore cannot register it but a spanish resident or any type of dealer could do so easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back