Recommendations 1 hour from West Bromwich (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Hi all
Anyone got any recommendations for sites about an hour’s drive from West Bromwich ideally near a village so we can walk down to local pub for a beer and food.

Cheers Wayne & Lisa

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Might help to state which direction your coming from. 👍 Otherwise you may get suggestions an hour the opposite side.

Whoops.. do you mean your in West brom and want to travel out in a 1 hour radius... 😁

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Might help to state which direction your coming from. 👍 Otherwise you may get suggestions an hour the opposite side.

Whoops.. do you mean your in West brom and want to travel out in a 1 hour radius... 😁
You got it 👍😊

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Stourport, a few sites there and about 50 minutes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
for pubs and food you cant beat upton upon seven you can overnight on the big carpark seven pubs and a few resturants

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Well I am a Wednesbury thicko. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My grandparents managed the Bush Inn at Wednesbury around 1958 [I remember it being next to the Canal, and the workers from the factory on the other side of the bridge used to trap the rats who entered the factory, and bring them into the pub yard to see if they could escape Peggy, Grandad's dog. Family legend says only 1 rat escaped over the years. Family legend also says Summer 1958 or 59 was very hot and there is a photo [still looking for the negatives ...] of me sunbathing in the nude and cooling off in the tin bath of cold water. I was 23 at the time ... :rolleyes: (y)

Grandma & Grandad then went on to become Tenants of The Severn Trow in Stourport, which I discovered in July was demolished in about 1983 ...I didn't sunbathe in the nude at that prestigious location ... :LOL:

Steve

Apr 12, 2014
Funster No
MH
Class B
Exp
since 2012
Hi

C&CC site at Wolverley right next to the Lock pub it does food and there are great walks along the canal. There is also a small campsite alongside the river seven near Bewdley i believe the area is called Black Rock it is on the right just before the island at the bottom of the Bewdley bypass.

(y)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
C&CC Clent Hills.

It's in the village where I grew up. 2 good pubs, a butcher and a small Co-op shop.
Well yeah but it's only about half an hour from West Brom to Clent, if that. West Brom to Kidderminster or Bewdley is approx 40-45 mins. Down the M5 to Jct 3 and straight onto the A456.

Could do far worse than the C&CC site at Wolverley though - 100 yds one way to the lock on the canal and approx same t'other way to the pubs in Wolverley village. Or Kinver. Or do you fancy Shropshire more than Worcestershire? Not a million miles away either, nor is rural Staffordshire. Rural Warwickshire would take you longer as it's the other side of Brum although some nice sites around Stratford if that area floats your boat. Which side of West Brom do you actually live? - I hail originally from a street off Bromford Lane and 1st husband from Gt Barr and both attended senior school at Churchfields (then) between Temple Meadows Rd and the Old Church.

Oct 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner 680g Ixeo
Exp
Ownner for two years
Hi all
Anyone got any recommendations for sites about an hour’s drive from West Bromwich ideally near a village so we can walk down to local pub for a beer and food.

Cheers Wayne & Lisa
Moreton in Marsh. Tewkesbury. Hereford rowing club.

Feb 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Burford
Exp
Morris leisure site at Shrewsbury also at Bridgenorth and Ludlow
They really are five star and I know the Ludlow site has a visiting chip van and a visiting gin bar, what more could you need. 😀

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I live nr Moreton in marsh and was also thinking of a few days away but not too far, what wonderful suggestions here, I was born at Stourport and went to school in kidderminster, I stayed at Black Rock three years ago and liked it a lot, lovely walks along the riverside, loads of space per unit and flat ground but facilities about a mile walk. Maybe a trip to stourport would be interesting!

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
wonderful site, a regular for us

1632300753260.png

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Maybe a trip to stourport would be interesting!
I fear that if you haven't been to Stourport lately, you will find it to be a shadow of its former self. Many shops have closed - when i was there a few weeks ago, WH Smith was closing, even Wetherspoons has gone!
There's a nice big Co-Op though :)

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
They really are five star and I know the Ludlow site has a visiting chip van and a visiting gin bar, what more could you need. 😀
We stayed at the one in bridgenorth the only things visiting us there were the peacocks 😂. A lovely clean sight and very relaxing can recommend.

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
We can give ourselves all a big clap we’ve only made into the MHF midweek round up woop woop. :clap::clap:

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I fear that if you haven't been to Stourport lately, you will find it to be a shadow of its former self. Many shops have closed - when i was there a few weeks ago, WH Smith was closing, even Wetherspoons has gone!

What Wetherspoons closed!!! We are doomed !!!
army GIF

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Oh my, in my day my mother had a haberdashery in Parks Passage, the only 'Posh shop. ' was the shoe shop, the tannery was just about still operating post war in foundry street, there was no Weather spoons or Smith's, the canal was a bit of s stinky place, but hurray for the co-op that was there, along with a grocer, butcher and sweet shop. My dad was chairman of the council in 53 and was instrumental in the new library, he'd take me there once a week for books. But thanks Janine, maybe give it a miss for now!🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back