Recipes for non fresh ingredients (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Milk was often the first thing I’d run out of and need to shop for. I now always carry dried milk and use it for sauces. Tonight I made a hot chocolate drink with dried milk and some melted bar of chocolate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
WARNING! MAY LEAD TO YET ANOTHER GASSING THREAD!!

I tried this recipe and really like it, It's a quick cassoulet type thingy. Cheap filling and healthy.

Fry some onion and slices of chorizo in a large frying pan, till onion is softened and chorizo has released its oils.

Tip in 2 tins drained and rinsed mixed beans and add a carton of passata.

Season with salt and pepper and add paprika to taste, spicy, smoked, hot, you choose (I put in 2 TSP) add Cayenne to taste ( I put in about half a TSP.

Serves 2 generously with crusty bread,

You can lay a some white fish on top and push it into the liquid to cook, for a few minutes, or you can omit the chorizo and slice up some sausages (not Richmond) cos I is a cheap snob!.

I sometimes serve it with chicken thighs.delish!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
WARNING! MAY LEAD TO YET ANOTHER GASSING THREAD!!

I tried this recipe and really like it, It's a quick cassoulet type thingy. Cheap filling and healthy.

Fry some onion and slices of chorizo in a large frying pan, till onion is softened and chorizo has released its oils.

Tip in 2 tins drained and rinsed mixed beans and add a carton of passata.

Season with salt and pepper and add paprika to taste, spicy, smoked, hot, you choose (I put in 2 TSP) add Cayenne to taste ( I put in about half a TSP.

Serves 2 generously with crusty bread,

You can lay a some white fish on top and push it into the liquid to cook, for a few minutes, or you can omit the chorizo and slice up some sausages (not Richmond) cos I is a cheap snob!.

I sometimes serve it with chicken thighs.delish!
That sounds really tasty! You could also crack a couple of eggs on to it and cook until set.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
We use a vacuum sealer all the time.
You can make up more convenient portions of fresh, cooked or frozen produce and then either keep them in the fridge or freezer.
It also takes up far less space than commercially sealed products which are produced to make you think they contain far more than they do.

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
That sounds really tasty! You could also crack a couple of eggs on to it and cook until set.
Ooh, eggs I hadn't thought of that..
You can mix it up and play with it as you wish the only standard ingredients are tinned mixed beans, passata and seasonings..the rest is up to you..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back