Reccomendations please near Silverstone circuit (1 Viewer)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Big day today, I have got agreement from Swmbo that we can go to the Silverstone Classic race meeting in July this year.

I’ve booked the tickets but now need somewhere to Stay!

The Searcg for a Site app comes up with lots of possibilities but of course there’s nothing like a recommendation.

We can be maybe 15 miles away, as we will be commuting in to the event by car from the camp site.

Would ideally like ELH and hard standing but not essential.

Recommendations please from the collective (y)

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Thanks for the replies this far.

I’m not keen on camping actually at Silverstone, I’ve heard that you’re kind of crammed in, noisy, and so on. Hence I was looking a bit further afield.

Appreciate the recommendation @Ditcha but do need to go in by car as were displaying on club stand. (Also the fact we’d have the car with us and needto get in and out to the club display area kind of put me off the on circuit camping facility. I’d want the car parked next to the van overnight, and want to get it to and from the van without worrying if someone’s pitched a tent etc in the way...)

For the car reasons I’m not keen on a pub stop over (which I’m guessing the Stratton Arms is?). @icantremember

Have found a CS at Lillingstone Dayrel that looks like it would work. Called Hedgehogs Retreat, has water etc but no hook up. Anyone know it please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I’m not keen on camping actually at Silverstone, I’ve heard that you’re kind of crammed in, noisy, and so on. Hence I was looking a bit further afield.
We’ve not had any issues in terms of space or noise. Book “family” side (rather than “lively”) and should be ok. I *think* from our 1 year taking an EHU pitch there that they seemed smaller/more packed in than the regular pitches, but we can survive on solar and gas.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Camping on woodlands for the classic is different to the big events. The ehu pitches are the same marked out boxes, but everywhere else is pretty relaxed. They don't operate The zones. The only time it gets noisy is around 7am when all the campers with cars on display move the cars to the main site. We have done it for many years without issue. The traffic around the area gets pretty busy Sat and Sun, if camping away from the track, leave plenty of commuting time.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Woodlands for me some very nice cars parked on there unless yours is something a bit special, lots of like minded enthusiasts on that site.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Cars nothing “special” as such (but precious to me!) so sounds like we should be ok on Woodlands.

Thanks for all the pointers (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back