Rear view camera (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi got a Autotrail frontier navajo with a rear view camera mounted in the spare wheel cover.
It's not very clear and at night has no image at all due to headlights.
Has anyone changed the camera if so what have you fitted?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I was severely disappointed with the reversing camera on my van. Odd colours, no contrast, useless at night. I switched the head unit (as the useless satnav annoyed me more) to a Sony and was surprised to find the image is considerably better. It's still not great, but no longer useless in anything except perfect conditions. So poor image might not just be the camera.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
The fitted camera on my Weinsberg lasted 16 years then went to blue screen then nothing. Local place wanted £300 to replace, well I reverse on door mirrors at night reversing lights give enough light, so I thought no thanks. I saw a £25 one on auction site and thought why not, and it is superb, set up as a rear view mirror so on all the time. No more 18 wheelers jumping out of the mirror blind spot and reversing right up to the white arrow on pitch up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Often they are bad at night as they go into infared mode which isn’t great, and useless as soon as there is a little bit of light. Sometimes removing the infared ability actually improves the night vision for driving.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back