Rear Camera (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I fitted a Waeco/Dometic Cam33c and 7" display to the van on Friday. We didn't pay anywhere near this price.

http://www.nottscountycampers.co.uk/camera waeco rvs750 twin.html

It was surprisingly easy to fit, Hymer pre fit a Waeco lead from front dash to back wall so no need to route the one supplied with the camera.
The lead comes up in the side of the dash and is located via the plastic cup holder, in there is also a live & neutral cable, the reverse lead was easy to find in the fuse box under the dash (same side). It took me about 3 hours to complete the installation, but I was being meticulous. Ignore the instructions saying drill 13mm holes for cables as the fitted plugs measure 20-22 mm dia.

The 7" display on the dash was the hardest part, finding a spot that the drop down bed didn't clash with.

We had this system on our previous van, and decided to bite the bullet and fit one on the latest van as we are going to keep this one for (hopefully) 10 years till we get to 70.

I thoroughly recommend these camera systems, the lenses are heated and also has a mic to listen to person at rear giving instructions to driver if needed.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
hi we have a 2011 B544, do you think the Waeco cable was pre installed in my version? And where did you locate it? thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
hi we have a 2011 B544, do you think the Waeco cable was pre installed in my version? And where did you locate it? thanks.

My 2001 B654 is fitted with the black and white version of this and there is no evidence of "amateur wiring" so I think there is a good chance yours has the cabling.

Sorry I can't help you with where it is. Maybe take a few panels out, e.g. the heater controls and have a peak behind see if there are any lonely leads. Check the rear lockers for similar.

Hope reply of some use. If you are lucky @Lenny HB will see your post, he has a good knowledge and experience of Hymers.

Good luck Clive

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the cable is pre-installed at the rear it will be behind the rear panel of the central locker, at the front often behind the left side front speaker.
I found my cables after I had fitted new cables, unless you are using waco cameras using the Waco cable is an expensive option. If I had used the Waco cables it would have cost £80 for the four adaptors against £25 for the new cables.

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
The cable is in the wardrobe behind the small timber board under the top shelf, you have to undo a few screws and then gently pull the panel down from the shelf as there are dowels holding the two together.
Our B544 is RHD and the cable is in the right hand side under the black cup/bottle holder, this just pulls out and you can see/feel about for the cable. There is (in ours) a black/brown cable to connect the screen to, this powers everything, camera and screen. You need to find the reversing lead in the fuse box nearby, from memory its a light blue wire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back