Re-Selling or gifting Warners Show Tickets is a breach of their T&C (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just had this email through from Warners. It’s self explanatory and I‘m pretty sure its our forum so I didn’t ignore it. :blush: Don’t forget this place is public, with millions of views every month,

Dear Club Contact​
I apologise for the blanket email, however I needed to contact clubs about bookings for our shows. Of course if this is not relevant to you and your members please ignore.​
It has been a tough couple of years with many changes, and Warner’s have in my opinion, been fair to our customers, with refunds and show transfers along the way.​
At time of a customer placing an order, our shows do state that bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable. Nonetheless we realise there are unforeseen circumstances and we do consider each request.​
What we will not tolerate or accommodate is individuals selling tickets on to other people.
If I can ask for your assistance and you can inform your members of this. Some of you have forums and I have seen that ticket sell ons are being promoted. Please let your forums know we will not honour these. If someone cannot attend a show, contact Warner’s and we will see what can be done about it.​
I thank you for your help.​
Yours sincerely​
Sally Dodds
Head of Events​

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Sometimes the small print in the Ts and Cs isn't enforceable.

They could add really stupid stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Interpreting this one imagines that the purchaser of someone else’s tickets will be made to pay again, so buyer beware! Perhaps the vendor will be barred from future shows but that’s cutting off their nose, so to speak! The worse alternative is the club loses the right to have a club area.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
What is their issue? as long as the tickets are not sold for profit.
I assume that most if not all who feel the need to sell their tickets on are doing it for the right reasons, then all Warner’s should think about is that someone will still turn up and spend money at the shows.
pits not as though ‘Ticket Touts’ are falling over themselves to sell these tickets, it’s not the World Cup for gods sake.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
What is their issue? as long as the tickets are not sold for profit.
I assume that most if not all who feel the need to sell their tickets on are doing it for the right reasons, then all Warner’s should think about is that someone will still turn up and spend money at the shows.
pits not as though ‘Ticket Touts’ are falling over themselves to sell these tickets, it’s not the World Cup for gods sake.
Agreed. 'It's been a tough couple of years ...'. Well why make it tougher for everybody with the 'holier than thou' attitude. Simple logic: Warners sell Exhibition Space to Traders who rely upon high customer footfall to recoup their investment. Funsters et al buy tickets to provide the 2nd part of Warners income stream and some [say, X,Y& Z] apply too late and are disappointed. But then A,B & C are unable to attend and offer their tickets for sale. X,Y, & Z can buy and are happy bunnies, the Exhibitors still get their footfall, and Warners earn £10 a throw for amending tickets. You can argue that this doesn't cover the full Admin costs, but the reality is that the staff are already employed and paid so there is only an 'Opportunity Cost' loss to bear, and given that businesses are still getting back up to speed after COVID mothballing, there is likely to be dead time as promised orders/deliveries et al are delayed and some staff will have to work at less than full capacity until their anticipated work arrives.

But I'm old fashioned enough to believe that a happy customer is to b cherished, and that you will earn more and spend less keeping Customer 1 for next year's Show than you will by being indifferent to New Customer A in 2021 [and losing him/her], and then having to recruit Customer B as a replacement for 2022.

Here endeth the Lesson ;)

Steve

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
If it is clear and obvious that tickets are not transferrable, before purchase, then fair enough. At the moment that is not the case.

I've just tried a test buy through the out and about website:
As you go to select your tickets, nothing on that page about non transference, but you do get a not very clear link to the camping T&Cs
Camp T&Cs.png

Ooh yes booking isn't refundable, But I can see nowt that you can't sell them on.

When you get to the basket checkout, final confirmation the terms and conditions link is actually for their magazine, nothing to do with their shows :fubar:

The only issue may be that you do enter your vehicle registration, the camping T&Cs say they won't issue duplicates so the ticket is tied to the vehicle you enter. It's a not very obvious, muddled, get out.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
The reality is that it may be wise of us not to sell or advertise for sale, Warner's tickets on this forum.

I'm thinking of buying some tickets and then swapping them for something someone might have that they are happy to offer me in exchange, some things with pictures of our Monarch on perhaps? But I definitely wouldn't advertise them for sale on this forum !!!

We have a few rental properties and we can write whatever we want in the tenancy agreement, doesn't mean we can enforce everything we write into it though ...

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Warners, like any company, like to know who their customers are, nothing wrong with that.

Now they have made it clear they feel strongly about it. We know if we buy someone else's tickets we might not get into the show. If you have tickets you do not need it's best to contact them first. Given their history these last few years re cancellations and refunds etc, they have shown themselves to be one of the better companies out there.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Warners, like any company, like to know who their customers are, nothing wrong with that.

Now they have made it clear they feel strongly about it. We know if we buy someone else's tickets we might not get into the show. If you have tickets you do not need it's best to contact them first. Given their history these last few years re cancellations and refunds etc, they have shown themselves to be one of the better companies out there.
I suppose they are frightened that the BNP will arrive enmass and take the piss out of the turns 😜😜🥴

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The vehicle reg number is on your ticket, as long as that's correct that's all they check.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The vehicle reg number is on your ticket, as long as that's correct that's all they check.
But just recently whenWarners were contacted about transferring a ticket to someone else they said just cross out the Reg number and pout the new one in.

I guess they also have to take account that since booking some people may have changed their vans.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
If I bought tickets (obviously nothing like air tickets or others of a sensitive nature) and I could not attend and wanted to give them away to another person I would be really racked off with the venue and never visit again. What is their loss? Nothing? Ticket bought by an individual and used by an individual.
So why not allow?
I can understand the issue of ticket touts and on-selling for a profit but even then the argument is thin.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If I bought tickets (obviously nothing like air tickets or others of a sensitive nature) and I could not attend and wanted to give them away to another person I would be really racked off with the venue and never visit again. What is their loss? Nothing? Ticket bought by an individual and used by an individual.
So why not allow?
I can understand the issue of ticket touts and on-selling for a profit but even then the argument is thin.
What annoyed me was the 'What we will not tolerate or accommodate is individuals selling tickets on to other people.' This is the sort of language you might use in a Staff/Team Meeting, not in a communication to your key contacts. Even 'What we cannot allow/permit/condone', but probably better to start with 'I'm sure you will all realise/know that ... and that whilst we know that ticketholders do not wish to lose money in these difficult times ...' etc, something a little placatory, rather than confrontational.

As an aside, everyone who has a senior Marketing/Comms/Events role seems to be a Sally, Nick, Jeremy, Fiona or Damian nowadays ... 'Yah going forwards ...' and all that vacuous nonsense

Steve

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
If its a condition of their booking process, so be it, why argue the toss.
Selling on of tickets or giving away etc, gives unregistered access for individuals, some of whom may not be welcome at Warners shows for a myriad of reasons.
Why risk them withdrawing the facility of accommodating our club/forum at the shows because some cant follow the rules/ T&Cs .

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
When booking tickets for motor racing events, many put 'HIRE' or 'H1 RED' in the registration section. I wonder how they would deal with that situation.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What annoyed me was the 'What we will not tolerate or accommodate is individuals selling tickets on to other people.'
Why did it annoy you it was sent to me. 😀 I much prefer clear forthright messages like this that leave you in no doubt. Far better than the usual corporate let’s be careful a snowflake might read this communication

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Why did it annoy you it was sent to me. 😀 I much prefer clear forthright messages like this that leave you in no doubt. Far better than the usual corporate let’s be careful a snowflake might read this communication
Jim, please on our behalf ask them ‘WHY?’ What is their problem, let’s hear it from the horses mouth so we are clear what their beef is.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
When booking tickets for motor racing events, many put 'HIRE' or 'H1 RED' in the registration section. I wonder how they would deal with that situation.
Probably see if the motorhome had a hire company logo on it and wave it through 👍🏻

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had a think about why they may have done this. There are numerous reasons I could think of but here is one that seemed most likely to my mind.

They have a small number of people who cause lots of trouble and they want to keep them out. Re-selling tickets takes that control away from them.

Someone could join this forum and many other forums and clubs for example, keep a low profile and then jump at the chance to buy a ticket from a third party on here or other forums who can't for whatever reason make it.

That person then goes to the event, but goes into the public area rather than our club area and causes the same problems again. They do this to avoid being banned from the forum/club.

The problems they cause could be alcohol related nastiness, general anti social behaviour, or something as unobnoxious as selling stuff privately and avoiding traders fees.

We just don't know the reasons, but as reselling tickets isn't affecting their profitability it is probably not a money related issue like scalpers cause to pop concerts etc.

I don't know the actual reason, but for them to do something like this there must have been an underlying cause that has prompted it?

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
yes thats what we did about 3 years ago (y) was straight forward no problems .

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I don't think this policy is different to many other shows or activities , if you want to go, go and get your own ticket from them if plans change and you cant go contact them, I suspect if you do they may authorise a transfer or refund if you ask nicely (if sufficient time is available eg not that morning).

A friend recently did this for a public event they had spent £100 on two tickets which were not refundable but when she contacted the company they transferred one ticket to someone else she lost £100 but happy that at least one of the tickets was used.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back