Raw2 help please (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Have just upgraded my camera to a Lumix g911, also my computer had to have a full reset. But my raw cones up pixilated in pink. I have windows 11. Can someone one simply explain how I get the raw images to show. Last week on my windows 11 and my old g9 everything worked fine. Can anyone shed light on what I need to do, in simple terms ta

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Just doing that now. But Panasonic say it's not comparable with windows 11.
Fingers crossed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Last edited:
OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Thanks. Silkypic, works but not great. I take pics in both raw and jpeg. But I like to enlarge some to silly sizes some times so those are best in raw. Only purchased the camera last week. So am going to see how jpegs are. The g9 was good so think the g9 11 will be much better.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
What is the file extension of your RAW files .. something like .DNG , RAW, RW2,ARW,SRF ??

It could be that your new camera has changed to a different RAW extension and maybe you need to update your camera RAW database on your program.

The best way is to find a windows11 photo editor, capable of converting your photos, is on a free trial ..see if it is worth the dosh. ( ha ha don't forget to cancel the free trial straight away if it doesn't suit you !!)
Most definitely the cost will pay for itself over time in the satisfaction you'll get.
Most definitely different people have different methods, some use straight out of camera JPG.
From your post you prefer to post process and to get that ..RAW files are the best way to go.
For some photos I'll use RAW and the adjustments and tuning possible are .. for *me; far superior to ready made JPG.
*( but I must own up: I am pixel peeper)

Good Luck, let us know what you decide on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back