Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We left home this morning en route to lincoln.
However as we got to Maidstone, W ifey got sudden chest pain got off m20 into maidstone stopped and 999d for ambulanec and they couldnt find us for 1/2 hou
She was taken in so I might not get to thr rally unless they throw her our later. She recovered veryquickly an seems fine now but probably need to stay in

Have youever tried parking a full size mh in a hospital, am stuck in their vehicle park, the only place big enough

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hope nothing serious and that you can both get to Lincoln eventually. It's horrible when away from home but I remember this happening to you last year when you had just got to France.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If you speak to the hospital they will help you find somewhere suited to park up a big vehicle in emergency situations. bournemouth send you round the back by the laundry as i recall. leave a note on dashboard where to find you and number

hope it turns out to be nothing serious

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Best wishes for your wife: hopefully she will get a quick discharge and no further problems.

I took MH to Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for the birth of my first grandchild, acting as a supply depot for food & drink (not actually needed (y)) and as a bolt-hole for SiL as he is somewhat squeamish (several visits :rolleyes: ). Parking was easy, as it is all surface-level with reasonably-sized bays and lots of greenery. Parking ticket was endorsed by the midwife and the cost was zero ;), although grandson has made up for that in ice-creams, toys etc :D:D:D.

Gordon

PS I did consider posting the hospital on a "stop-over" website, as if you arrive after 8pm and leave by 8am you should be able to get a quiet night's sleep for minimal cost, complete with regular security guard checks :LOL: .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Oh no! Sorry to hear this Graham, especially on top of the problems you had on the French trip.

Hope all works out OK and she makes a speedy recovery

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
They have thrown her out after test. No damage shown, it was a clot that dispersed quickly almost the same as mine in France
She has decide we carry on an will go to Lincoln tomorrow. We are parked in the hospital van park overnight for safety and secure as well, next to casualty.
It was bit of a scare at the time but she needs follow up at home when we get back and get a G.P appointment.
She was the last person to expect trouble. The family jumped to the conclusion it was me.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks for letting us know. i couldn't think which symbol to use..... couldn't like or love it as poor health is never good, and it's not funny.......

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We stayed overnight at the hospital, then set off to Lincoln this morning.
She is tired but OK we have now got there and it is pouring down now for at least an hour more. I have got my fever now and resorted to the tablet on line, sad really.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Good to hear Graham. Have a super time at Lincoln.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back