Raising Money For Mental Health Problems... (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've had some shit in my time, but lucky in the money market and now live comfortably in the sunshine. What makes me feel good is that now I'm able to help others who need it. We have a beautiful basement apartment for family and friends, but it's sat empty sometimes. So I've decided to donate holidays in there to charities. Costs me nowt, but I can make a difference :)

Last year I offered a week's holiday to raise money for the charity that helps Jim's daughter. Raised £500.

A few weeks ago I saw a request on here for an ex-soldier in his 40s who only has 2 months to live (cancer). They were trying to get somewhere that he could have a last and final holiday with his family. I was surprised that they got naff all help, so I offered a free week in the apartment. None of the Force's charities helped <Broken link removed>
They arrive on December 8th. I'll make it a very special time and make sure his kids have a great time and instill some great memories.

But now I want to help a charity that's very close to my heart. I've suffered from Anxiety problems for about 7 years, since my company made me ill through work overload. I made a 50% recovery, but still suffer. But I'd rather be suffering here, than in cold, wet UK

When I'm down, I listen to Planet Rock Radio and the music they play, helps to bring me out of the black hole. Rock music is my saviour.

Today, one the the Planet Rock radio presenters set off on a 2,000 mile ride to raise money for MIND, which is helps folk with mental health problems.

This is the link to MIND's home webpage

This is the link about the ride..

I've suffered from mental health for many years and it's great to be able to raise money to help others. I've offered a week in the apartment, which they accepted.

This is the Ebay charity auction page....

I'm lucky I can help. I bet all of you would do the same in my shoes :)

If you don't want to have the holiday, maybe bung in the cost of a pint or glass of wine ?

Last edited:

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Now that is a recognised charity doing wonderful work good on you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Great work..
Happy to donate
But how.. Is it a question of making a bid or donation on the e bay site you linked to,? Or on the bike ride link
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Great work..
Happy to donate
But how.. Is it a question of making a bid or donation on the e bay site you linked to,? Or on the bike ride link
Andy

There's donate points on the website link I think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back