Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
20200618_105413.jpg

Rigged this up this morning.

Half tank to full tank in an hour, about 75 litres....

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Good idea if you don't drink the water or use it for anything else but you run the risk of knackering your awning in the process ... you really should have the legs supporting it when it's that far out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Took me ages to see what was going on, then realised it was a reflection in the side of the van🙄
Me too ... it took a while to realise what he was doing as I thought he just had a waste water dumping channel running down the middle of his drive, it was only when I looked at the 'roof' bit that I realised it was Fiamma material and the penny dropped!

OP
OP
GyroPilot
Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
Hi Folks

yes rainwater harvesting,

The MH is 16 years old, and I've not long had it, so never considered drinking out of my freshwater tanks. No thanks! :cautious:

The funnel has a filter, and after a full day's torrent of rain, there was surprisingly little gunk in it. I'm catching water running off the steel roof of the green building, onto the awning, then down the funnel.

I am using one awning leg, to hold it up, so that the water runs in the direction I want it to. Will bear in mind not to leave it in this state for too long.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Direct from the Michael Caine Appreciation Society.

Did you know? For every 100lts of water that is delivered to the home, the Water Co. charge (for those connected to mains sewerage) a fee that assumes that they will have to treat 95% of the fresh water they supplied, ie 95lts.
They also charge roughly double the fee for providing sewerage services than they charge for fresh water.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I can see a flaw in that setup - we've not seen rain worthy of the name for 4 months here 🌞🌞
We have ... hubby took the dogs out this morning when it was lovely and sunny, shortly after I went in the conservatory and realised it was absolutely hissing it down so I ran out and brought the dog's washing in, getting soaked in the process. :(

About 40 minutes later hubby came home absolutely sodden with 3 very, very waterlogged dogs, with Tazzyy scowling like mad as she hates being wet. :cautious: I asked him why he hadn't come back sooner but he said our old dog Romy refused to walk the short route home alone the path so he had to cut back across the fields of long grass which she loved. :ROFLMAO:

At least it meant Romy didn't have to have her daily shower! :LOL:

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Ah, but if you're on a meter they charge you. God gives it to Gyro for free. :)

That‘s next doors tap......😉😂👍🏼

I don’t have a meter and I still get charged more for the waste/drainage than I do for pot water.

Until very recently we had our own water supply company and paid Northumbrian water for waste/drainage, it’s now Anglian water for some reason....and no I didn’t move house 😂

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When we had the orchard ALL our water came off the roof, we had 1x 6000 Gallon tank and 1X5000 Gallon tank. We had special paint on the roof, and a gadget that discharged the first 20 litres to the ground every time it rained.
No filter system either.

In fact the whole village (305 households) had no rubbish collection, no piped water, no sewerage system, no curb and channeling, no postal service we had to go to the local shop to collect our mail, and the service station had a honesty box on the petrol pumps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back