Quiet stopovers in northern Black Forest? (1 Viewer)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We’re currently in Turckheim at the campsite, which reopened today, and it’s very quiet. Just us and a few Germans, and lots of storks. On Friday, we’re crossing the Rhine and then heading north. I have our first stop in the Black Forest planned, but I’m looking for a couple of stops in the northern half of the Black Forest for next week. Would like it to be quiet so the cat doesn’t get freaked out, and have some walking, and hopefully some good food.

Suggestions, please?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This is an extract from my diary last September. We would have been up on our own in the lower car park at Merurbahn. Lovely walks in the wooded hills. At Gaggenau, the park was very large and directly behind the stellplatz. Someone there had a cat! Likely to be busier this time of year maybe?

23 September

We were drawn back to the Black Forest so made the trip across the Rhine again! Our aim today to go to the spa at Baden Baden. We parked at the funicular railway station and got the bus into the town centre 2.60 € each. Merkurbahn N 48° 45' 45" E 8° 15’ 55" Every half an hour busses, and we got off at stop Carcella which are the modern baths. The original thermal baths are next door. We chose the full experience and enjoyed a very relaxing afternoon in the steam rooms and thermal baths being alternatively scrubbed down and creamed up ! After the creaming up, there was a lovely lie down wrapped in blankets. Herbal tea to complete the 4 hours. We had intended to explore the town after but black clouds overhead and we found we were so relaxed our legs wouldn’t work so we caught the next bus back to the funicular.

Now we were the only ones here and we don’t like being lonely, so after a lovely walk, the sun had come out, we drove on the short distance to Gaggenau to overnight on the stellplatz N48°48’29” E08°18’10” CC53442 free. All MH spaces taken but plenty of us on the rest of the car park. Nice park behind with memorial plaques to the former concentration camp. This is a Benz factory town. Also at the parking is a Thermal bath complex, modern, well used and I would have gone in if hadn’t been to the much more expensive but traditional Baden Baden spa.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks, Annie. We actually decided to cross back over into France, we’re now in northern Alsace. But we will return to Germany some time in the future, so I’ve made a note of your suggestions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks, Annie. We actually decided to cross back over into France, we’re now in northern Alsace. But we will return to Germany some time in the future, so I’ve made a note of your suggestions.
I have put the full diary and that of another Germany trip in Resources, Miscellaneous.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back