LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellllllllllllll.. been here three weeks or so ( in fact leaving next Monday to come home ) and have really enjoyed the time spent here.
So far I am very happy to say that all the stories have been groundless ( apart from the one saying if it aint nailed down it WILL be stolen ! )

Already booked for next year

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
driving in Spain

I have heard all sort of horror stories about the Spanish police ( a good friend showed me a ticket he got for € 60 for driving in flip flops ! It stated loose fitting shoes not suitable to drive in or words to that effect ! )..

I have also been warned by a chap who runs a tour operation not to have a GPS on show or within reach of me ( the driver )

Lots of other stories and none of them particularly good..

Soooooooooooooooooo

Given the the ferry is booked, the pitch/package is reserved ( Cheers PP ! ) I suppose I had better sift out the facts from the fictions !!!

The most important thing for me is the GPS use.. Without a GPS I have trouble finding my bum with both hands and a map !!
Hola guys
Forget the horror stories. Its stupid to drive in flip flops anyway !!!!!!! We carry spare well fitting shoes in the car to wear when driving. The law states that all shoes must have a back or strap on them and they must not be loose. Sensible law. I use my gps on the car and motorhome and do not have prob. The law in Spain says that you can use the tom tom etc but you cannot adjust it etc whilst driving. Same as eating etc.
Another recent law change over here is that you no longer need to carry spare bulb set; i suppose cos its difficult to change them anyway on newer vehicles.
get yourself over, drive safely and ENJOY. except for main cities motorways/roads are much less crowded.
take care amigo:Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
just don't go to Spain its no worth the hassle to many greasy people selling cheep drink,

Well having a Grandmother that was Spainish, I can assure you she was not greasy, or am I missing the point do you mean the ex pat English and Scots that own nearly all the bars ?. Peter :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back