Quest Screen House Shelters - New Developments For 2020 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For all lovers of Quest screen house shelters there are new developments on the way for the Pro versions which already include zipped panels - now a connecting tunnel is planned to zip on to the front door zip. The lower height caravan version should be launched at the February 2020 Show & they are considering a taller version for motorhomes... This is only for the Pro not standard version of the screen houses. There is currently this zipped canopy accessory option:

1571760660651.png

1571760679267.png

1571760722561.png

Spotted that the Pro 6 models can be zipped together (can add up to five!) too which could be handy for groups. Good to see that the poles on all models are now repairable too.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Previously posted here with other new products, discounts & offers from recent NEC Show:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: We couldn't visit the February NEC Show but can see from their Facebook pages that athough the canopy was featured at the Show (photo below) there is no mention or photos of the proposed zip on connecting tunnel yet :(

1582471332877.png

I've emailed the relevant contact at Quest to find out what's happening with the tunnel as, like us, know that quite a few may be interested in this & consquently considering upgrading to the Pro version of the Screen House 4/6.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi wombles we recently bought the pro 4, so yes would appreciate any updates if a extra tunnel could be added to our hymer :clap:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi wombles we recently bought the pro 4, so yes would appreciate any updates if a extra tunnel could be added to our hymer :clap:
Hi - we are looking to get a Pro 4 too but latest news from Quest is that the tunnel is still in development & whilst there may be a sample at the October NEC Show it may be next year that it is on sale. Fingers crossed that it goes ahead then ? Will update here & alert you if any news.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We are looking to get a Pro 4 too but latest news from Quest is that the tunnel is still in development & whilst there may be a sample at the October NEC Show it is likely to be next year that it is on sale. Fingers crossed that it goes ahead then ?
hi we bought ours from Jackson's of arleys just outside Coventry, was £250, but if your in CCC, you get 10% discount, we thought time we pay train tickets and reduced entrance fee, not really saving any money buying it from NEC,
a just

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
hi we bought ours from Jackson's of arleys just outside Coventry, was £250, but if your in CCC, you get 10% discount, we thought time we pay train tickets and reduced entrance fee, not really saving any money buying it from NEC,
a just
Thank you for the info. - best I've seen in the last year is £238 delivered (we aren't in CCC) but on the lookout for a bargain - well we can hope!

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Thank you for the info. - best I've seen in the last year is £238 delivered (we aren't in CCC) but on the lookout for a bargain - well we can hope!
I had read that certain sites don't allow the size 6, as took up too much room, so to be fair the size 4 pro suits us and the grandkids :giggle:

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi if I remember, I'm sure the front of the pro can extend out, not like that lovely one you have shown, but sure I remember chap telling us that, it's stil! In its box in our living room :X3:
Waiting to bring ( zebedee) onto the drive in a few weeks, for his big clean,was and re- dressed ready for Easter trip:clap:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi if I remember, I'm sure the front of the pro can extend out, not like that lovely one you have shown, but sure I remember chap telling us that, it's stil! In its box in our living room :X3:
Waiting to bring ( zebedee) onto the drive in a few weeks, for his big clean,was and re- dressed ready for Easter trip:clap:
Maybe the front panel has eyelets on the corners to fit into canopy poles? Not long until Easter now :smiley:

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Have any Funsters had their PRO 4 refused by either of the club sites. Do you call the PRO 4 a pop up tent or a pop up Gazebo?

7Hvn

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Noob to MHs. Caravaned a lot.
I'm thinking of getting one of these. Can anyone tell me how watertight they are with the sides in. Is it showerproof or waterproof? Any comments of robustness with continued use? Thanks in Advance...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm thinking of getting one of these. Can anyone tell me how watertight they are with the sides in. Is it showerproof or waterproof? Any comments of robustness with continued use? Thanks in Advance...
In our experience the original shelters with mesh sides were fine in a shower but the top was not waterproof & if at an angle the rain could come in through the mesh sides but obviously better with the added fabric side panels. The latest models do have a waterproof roof. If well pegged these shelters can withstand quite harsh weather from what we have seen on rallies & festival fields but if just freestanding & not pegged they can be a hazard so (although many are used like a driveaway awning) some campsites don't allow them classing them as gazebos. They are very quick & easy to take down in a hurry if necessary. It was difficult to repair the older models if a pole section broke but we understand that these can now be replaced & are more accessible for repair. If anyone does buy one suggest a thorough check on delivery of the fabric for any holes as that seems to be the only fault for seconds models offered for sale on eBay. Apart from the attached wind out Fiamma/Thule awnings the Quest Screen House 4 shelters (some size 6 but not on campsites as too big) seem to be the most popular "awning" option for Funsters that rally regularly so that's a pretty good endorsement!

Last edited:

7Hvn

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Noob to MHs. Caravaned a lot.
In our experience the original shelters with mesh sides were fine in a shower but the top was not waterproof & if at an angle the rain could come in through the mesh sides but obviously better with the added fabric side panels. The latest models do have a waterproof roof. If well pegged these shelters can withstand quite harsh weather from what we have seen on rallies & festival fields but if just freestanding & not pegged they can be a hazard so (although many are used like a driveaway awning) some campsites don't allow them classing them as gazebos. They are very quick & easy to take down in a hurry if necessary. It was difficult to repair the older models if a pole section broke but we understand that these can now be replaced & are more accessible for repair. If anyone does buy one suggest a thorough check on delivery of the fabric for any holes as that seems to be the only fault for seconds models offered for sale on eBay. Apart from the attached wind out Fiamma/Thule awnings the Quest Screen House 4 shelters (some size 6 but not on campsites as too big) seem to be the most popular "awning" option for Funsters that rally regularly so that's a pretty good endorsement!

Thanks for the comprehensive write up. (y)

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Just back from North walsham, used ours therd, heavy rain on saturday, all water tight, left it up to see how it coped..all good. :clap: (y)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
I have one of the original 4 sided ones. Have sat in it in some horrendous weather, wind and rain, and never got wet. They are great and so easy for one person to put up.
We love ours, have you ever had any refusals on club sites?

SallyR

Free Member
Nov 15, 2019
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
10 years
Bought a Pro6 at NEC this year and not used yet - hopefully will be allowed on an awning pitch would hate to have spent all that money and then can't use it🙄

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Some limited new stock of the Screenhouse Pro 4 £298 & Pro 6 £398 available from stock now (according to their Facebook page) here https://www.cannockcaravanaccessories.co.uk/product/quest-screenhouse-pro-4-for-pre-order/ - likely to be high demand again for these this year.

First glimpse of the connecting tunnel £109.95 to fit Pro 4 https://www.towsure.com/screen-house-vehical-connector-fits-screen-hosue-pro-4-sh505 but height range only 180cm-210cm:

1616424147788.png

Towsure appear to have some of the range of Screenhouses in stock too https://www.towsure.com/search/?q=quest+screenhouse

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Found 4+4 models were going for £220 last year - when i got mine. Just another option for those looking for Quest as I hear stocks are low.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Found 4+4 models were going for £220 last year - when i got mine. Just another option for those looking for Quest as I hear stocks are low.
Think tonka has one of these too - they look good if you have enough space to carry one - in stock here at £224.99 <Broken link removed>

1616426823741.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Was tempted by this Quest Screenhouse 5 at £199 but all the panels have to be either up or down at the same time - can't have just one or two down for shade/privacy :( Might suit some though <Broken link removed>

1616427068231.png

1616427122216.png

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Was tempted by this Quest Screenhouse 5 at £199 but all the panels have to be either up or down at the same time - can't have just one or two down for shade/privacy :( Might suit some though <Broken link removed>

View attachment 475978

View attachment 475979

View attachment 475978

View attachment 475979
I think they’ve been naughty because if you look closely I don’t think it’s really a Quest product.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I think they’ve been naughty because if you look closely I don’t think it’s really a Quest product.
Our understanding is that German brand Westfield Outdoors (well renowned in Europe) products are imported & sold by Quest who also have their own product range. We did check & the only difference with the Quest 5 is that all the panels have to be all up or all down so not ideal for all uses.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Our understanding is that German brand Westfield Outdoors (well renowned in Europe) products are imported & sold by Quest who also have their own product range. We did check & the only difference with the Quest 5 is that all the panels have to be all up or all down so not ideal for all uses.
That’s good, it’s a bit misleading otherwise. We’ve got one of the new Quest Pro 4’s so will bring it to Norden Farm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back