Pump King....Fuel card

Kev and Carolyn

Funster
MH
A class Adria Sonic
Exp
we are still learning
Hi folks. Has any one got one of these fuel saving cards at all and if so...is it worth having ?

Regards Kev and Carolyn

Solwaybuggier

Funster
MH
Low profile
Exp
Yes, we got one free via CMC. It’s worth getting free, whether it’s worth paying I’m less sure. The price from 27 Jan for diesel is £125.1/litre - significantly cheaper than pump price at the Esso garages in the scheme, but maybe not cheaper than supermarket prices in your area. Works effortlessly

OP
Kev and Carolyn

Kev and Carolyn

Funster
MH
A class Adria Sonic
Exp
we are still learning
I must admit that the super stores are offering between 5 and 10p off a litre by us here in the midlands. Just makes me wonder if its worth bothering with?

kev

The Cruisers

Funster
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
To get a card go online, log into CMC registering with your membership number. Look for member offers and go into Pump King website then fill in your details. This week the price for diesel in £1.251. Premium diesel £1.335. They text every week to let you know the price at Esso for the following week. You use the card they send you to pay for the fuel then they take the money every week from the debit card you have registered with them. Simples!!

OP
Kev and Carolyn

Kev and Carolyn

Funster
MH
A class Adria Sonic
Exp
we are still learning
When I put the address of an area in a box to check if they took the card , even though there were two in the area of these Esso garages, only one accepted it? Do they not all accept ? My luck would get me where they don't i am sure! :(

Regards Kev

MH
Dethleffs Alpa a-6820
Exp
since 2017
Used our several times. Sometimes the local supermarkets are cheaper sometimes not. I have saved up to 8p a litre. It is useful to have en route as you're more likely to come across an Esso station than a supermarket filling station. One thing that threw me was that you still get a receipt for the full price but later get an email confirming the discounted price you will be debited with

Fontie

Funster
MH
Swift Spririt 664
Exp
Since 2018
Used our several times. Sometimes the local supermarkets are cheaper sometimes not. I have saved up to 8p a litre. It is useful to have en route as you're more likely to come across an Esso station than a supermarket filling station. One thing that threw me was that you still get a receipt for the full price but later get an email confirming the discounted price you will be debited with
As above and It costs nothing to have if your a member of CMC and no minimum spend, makes sense to have one. Far better way of doing it than the shell card also available through CMC that you have to setup a direct debit, guesstimate what your monthly spend would be.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We just registered tonight and then meant to post on Fun but did a search first
Handy for me as I have a new Esso locally and with the discount only about 2p dearer than Asda 7 miles away

Bridget

Funster
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Be prepared for a long wait for the card - I registered for mine a week before Christmas and am still waiting. I do get the texts each week to let me know what I am missing out on tho!! :D

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Last week there were problems with the website and could not register
Email says a week to 10 days for the card but it will only go to a club members registered address

TheTwoOfUs

Funster
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I'm still waiting for my card which was done before Christmas. One thing that I have already found is that not all Esso fuel suppliers are in the scheme, for instance Esso outlets at the local Tesco Express.

KUSKUS

Funster
MH
Rapido 986M A class
Exp
Put £70 worth of diesel in my motorhome and Pump king charged me £63.61 , seems good to me.
I think Asda may be a penny or so cheaper.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I put whatever is cheapest in my euro4 but the new to me car is euro6 and all advice for DPF longevity is fuel, oil, and driving style.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services