Pug 1905 performance (1 Viewer)

chris p bacon

Free Member
Oct 29, 2010
Funster No
First post so here goes!
I have just acquired a 2002 Avante garde MH with a 1905cc Peugeot engine. Firstly is this likely to be a turbo, and secondly what is the likely top speed.

Foot to the floor in fifth gear it tops out at only 3500 RPM surely this is too low!
On a recent long run of mainly motorway dual cabbageway driving it did 25 MPG which is a little less than I expected - I was hoping for nearer to 30 (yes the sky really is paisley pattern in my world).

Any way if there is some one out there that can give some first hand experience of what to expect I would be grateful.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi and welcome to the forum flyingwelcome

We have got a 2006 Compass Avantgarde 200 with the same engine as yours (no turbo) and we do about 27-28 MPG (after chip tuning, that was done when we bought it, so we dont know original MPG values) so you should be happy with your 25 MPG.

As for the RPM, 3500 is normal for vans and it means that the engine does not work as hard to keep the speed, which leads to a better fuel economy than a higher RPM would do.

We have driven 85 MPH in our motorhome on the German Autobahns in ours.

Rasmus

OP
OP
C

chris p bacon

Free Member
Oct 29, 2010
Funster No
Thanks that makes me a bit happier, I have driven diesel cars for years but they arent as agricultural as this Pug unit being common rail turbo types.

(I also assume that the engine noise which is akin to the riveting shop at a ship yard is normal too!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back