Prostate cancer. A useful resource. (2 Viewers)

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Rt , wear lose fitting colthes , joggers best ,boxer shorts , slip on shoes /slippers you got to know where the nearest toilets are ? Empty your bowels before treatment, they wont do procedure anyway if full ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As an aside someone mentioned on another thread,that I replied to, that in the UK they use "age related" levels?
Here in spain they do not . Up to 2016 the psa level was 0>4.0ng/ml This was reduced to 0>3,1ng/ml.. Anyone at or over the 3,1, or a rapid rise, is sent for further tests .there are no age related artificial inflated levels.
mine is 1,49.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
image.jpg

Get these cards

OP
OP
Oldrat
Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Same as me after ht /rt , i just got the nhs app and my results appear there within 24hrs , i have kept all my results on paper they look great !
I’ve recently discovered the same.
My surgery has a policy of only letting you know the results if something needs attention.

That didn’t give me confidence that the test has actually been completed, or lost in admin.

So it was a real boost to find all the results on the NHS app

👍👍

Aug 25, 2022
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer car
Exp
25 years
We can now see via the NHS app all test results done at doctors and letters from hospital , but they don’t appear to display hospital blood test results
Hi David I too can see my surgery results but I
can also access my hospital ones with their ap. link.
After starting 6 monthly HT I was told 3 years still 2 more to go June and December.
I was told inoperable but controllable and was put on CT then RT which I finished about a year ago it was very quick following diagnosis .The RT has left me having to self catheterise twice a day sounds horrendous but you get used to it ,the only problem is UTI infections but I have now started an antibacterial drug recommended by the GP which seems to be helping g
Chasnam.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
As an aside someone mentioned on another thread,that I replied to, that in the UK they use "age related" levels?
Here in spain they do not . Up to 2016 the psa level was 0>4.0ng/ml This was reduced to 0>3,1ng/ml.. Anyone at or over the 3,1, or a rapid rise, is sent for further tests .there are no age related artificial inflated levels.
mine is 1,49.
I posted the UK NHS figures a page above.

It obviously should read NHS (not MHS) on that post.

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Anyone bother having a spacer gel procedure and prepared to share the experience/benefits? I have ulcerative colitis [very well managed] but think I must have the spacer gel procedure before my RT.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Anyone bother having a spacer gel procedure and prepared to share the experience/benefits? I have ulcerative colitis [very well managed] but think I must have the spacer gel procedure before my RT.
I have heard of this on prostrate uk site check out the site for info

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
I have heard of this on prostrate uk site check out the site for info
I know pretty much know what there is to know, I was just wondering if anyone had first hand experience. It isn't available on the NHS. Lucky me. I will have a look again to make sure I haven't missed anything. Thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Medical update, I now have hormone tablets to start taking tomorrow 🙂👍 followed by an injection of same in 2 weeks that will last a month, if no side effects, which apparently are very rare, I will get one that will last for three months . Radiotherapy will start in about 7 months and is every week day for four weeks, then that’s it 🤔🙏

I have opted to be considered for a medical trial which might get my radiotherapy starting earlier, it will either be identical treatment to above, or more intensive RT, or that plus extra RT on lymph nodes as belt and braces. I won’t know which till they start.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Sounds a good plan , those 4wks will fly by . First get the ht in the bag ! Sounds nigh on same pathway i had , 3 injections before rt then 20 fractions and that was it !

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Medical update, I now have hormone tablets to start taking tomorrow 🙂👍 followed by an injection of same in 2 weeks that will last a month, if no side effects, which apparently are very rare, I will get one that will last for three months . Radiotherapy will start in about 7 months and is every week day for four weeks, then that’s it 🤔🙏

I have opted to be considered for a medical trial which might get my radiotherapy starting earlier, it will either be identical treatment to above, or more intensive RT, or that plus extra RT on lymph nodes as belt and braces. I won’t know which till they start.
Very best wishes DavidG58, I hope all goes well. Keep positive!

It would be nice to hear more about the trial that you have been offered. Are you present on the Macmillan PC forum?

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I had a telephone consultation yesterday and to cut a long story short, as part of my ongoing monitoring I’m booked in for a second biopsy procedure in August, two PSA bloods to be done in the meantime (April/July).
The Consultant quipped “It’ll give you something to look forward to whilst you’re getting a tan somewhere”
Only those that have had it know 😳

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999

First paragraph is exactly the same as my treatment but I am nearing my second 3 month jab ,no real side effects except tiredness and a bit of weight gain

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
I had a telephone consultation yesterday and to cut a long story short, as part of my ongoing monitoring I’m booked in for a second biopsy procedure in August, two PSA bloods to be done in the meantime (April/July).
The Consultant quipped “It’ll give you something to look forward to whilst you’re getting a tan somewhere”
Only those that have had it know 😳

My mate called it medival torture , i give it 7 out 10 for discomfort

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Guy said do i want to watch the monitor as he takes the samples with the gun ?? I said no you are ok 😂 i think i had 12 taken

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It would be nice to hear more about the trial that you have been offered. Are you present on the Macmillan PC forum?

I am not on that forum, I did look at your record on there and might join

I don’t know my trial options yet, apparently this one is stopping this year and it will all depend on who else is in the trial already and their level of cancer if they have enough similar to mine I may not get on

Even if I do 1/3 still only get the standard treatment for comparison

I will update here when I know more

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
I remember reading something like giving higher does of rt but less fractions

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
I remember when he took the probe out the gel just kept coming and coming ! The nurse said you can wait in waiting room for 15 mins (any side effects ) then go for tea and cake ! All in a days work

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I remember when he took the probe out the gel just kept coming and coming ! The nurse said you can wait in waiting room for 15 mins (any side effects ) then go for tea and cake ! All in a days workthe
They gave me a nappy to put on!:LOL:

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp

Think you might have to continue with hormones after the RT

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Think you might have to continue with hormones after the RT
not necessarily , i didnt have anymore ht after treatment must admit i thought it strange ??? After reading up on things . But i went with what the oncologist said , ‘ no need for anymore ht ‘

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back