Problems with fresh water tank (1 Viewer)

J and J

Free Member
Dec 6, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
hi we are camping on El Raco Benedorm and my friend with autotrail Mohican has developed a problem with the fresh water tank. He wants to know if he can get into the inspection plate to check on the sensors that go up on the gauge don't know if it's furred up or not. If anyone can advise would appreciate it.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Had this problem on ours with the WASTE tank ((same level measuring system)) so unscrewed the large bung on the bottom and cleaned the terminals (screws) but it did the same again later.. It is caused by water "seeping out past the screws (contacts). I had new stainless screws fitted and its ok to date..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The water level meter on Autotrail are always a problem. Never acurate and tempermental if they want to work or not... Cant help with how to get access but will watch this thread so I can hopefully find out.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

J and J

Free Member
Dec 6, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi jenny and Mitch thanks for that will tell my friend will report on outcome j and j

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Auto-Trail had a water tank problem some time ago around 2011-2012 when they received a new batch of tanks from their supplier that had been fitted with a different submerged water uptake pipe that was secured to the inner wall. On some the pipe was breaking away from the wall and floating horizontally stopping the pump from lifting the water. The pump managed to lift an amount of water when the tank was full but once the level dropped to 3/4's full the pump couldn't lift anymore. The only solution was to have the tank removed and the pipe to be put back in place and secured. The motorhome would have to be lifted off the ground to remove the tank. It happened to me but I managed to get back to the Auto-trail factory and they repaired it while I waited. There's probably quite a few motorhomes still around with the dodgy tanks fitted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back