Problems updating Camper Contact Data (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
Is anyone else having problems? The app says that I last updated the data in May (which I did) but when I try to update it again, it says the data is up to date - which it cant be! Also reviews that I sent in weeks ago haven't yet appeared. I don't want to waste time doing any more if they are disappearing into a black hole. I've emailed camper contact but not had a reply. Any ideas?? Thanks!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Are you updating it from inside the app? In the new version there is a green bar across the middle of the first screen which has "Update" written in a white oval on the right. It is possible you are trying to update the app itself instead of updating the data. :)

OP
OP
TPMM
Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
Thanks for quick reply! My first screen has an orange bar with "update data" written in it and under it says "Data last updated on 25/5/2018". At the top of the screen it says Campercontact v 4.1.0.(15). I think I'm due to renew my subscription sometime soon - if that's relevant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for quick reply! My first screen has an orange bar with "update data" written in it and under it says "Data last updated on 25/5/2018". At the top of the screen it says Campercontact v 4.1.0.(15). I think I'm due to renew my subscription sometime soon - if that's relevant.
Then I suggest you update the app first as mine is version 5.0.10. :) If you have Android go to the Playstore app then select My Apps after pressing the "hamburger" symbol in the top right, that is the one with three horizontal bars. You should find the app listed but probably best to select Update all assuming you are in a wifi area.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
My current version is V5.0.10 (500100) and I renewed recently, in the last month.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
not wishing to start an argument, but if searchforsites and park4night and probably more, can update their database daily or even hourly, without touching it, how is it you have to do this with camper conntact.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
not wishing to start an argument, but if searchforsites and park4night and probably more, can update their database daily or even hourly, without touching it, how is it you have to do this with camper conntact.
Suppose it’s just the way they do it.:D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are talking about data held on the phone. AFAIK those apps do not update the phone based database hourly.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
My version is 5.0.10. Updated fine yesterday. It is the paid version.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
if I or anyone puts a new site on the ones mentioned it will be up in a couple of hours, and just for example just today i have had heremaps and truckfly updated automaticly,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
B
It will if you adjust the settings accordingly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Like any app it won't update if you have app updates turned off.
I do updates on all apps manually to save data, otherwise loads of inbuilt apps you never use keep updating.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
@peterc10 Pete, are you doing it on an iPad? If so, I believe there were problems with the latest iOS update which caused a bug in CC, preventing an update, hence why I haven’t updated my iOS operating system........unless CC have fixed this recently. Just a thought.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@peterc10 Pete, are you doing it on an iPad? If so, I believe there were problems with the latest iOS update which caused a bug in CC, preventing an update, hence why I haven’t updated my iOS operating system........unless CC have fixed this recently. Just a thought.
Dave, no I am doing it on Android. No problem with mine. It has updated to the latest version, which has a very different look and feel, and also update all the downloaded data.

OP
OP
TPMM
Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
Thanks to all of you - I have updated the app and it has allowed me to update the data and my reviews are there! I wish all problems were this easy to solve! Having a whole load of fellow motorhomers to call upon is brilliant! Happy motorhoming!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back