Problem With Teleco Satellite (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
I have a Teleco Flat Sat Classic Easy which stopped working over a year ago-the dish would just spin continually without locking to Astra 28. We use it rarely so it became just one of those jobs I never got round to. I then read about the software change in October 2019 and wondered if that was the cause of the issue. I therefore performed the upgrade at the site where I store the motorhome. Hey presto, it worked! Locked onto the satellite straight away so I went home and told my wife I'd fixed it.

First time we were out in the van, I threw the dish up and it span...and span...and span for 20 minutes until I eventually got an error message saying can't locate satellite. It couldn't find Astra 28 or any of the others. There were no obvious obstructions and our neighbours confirmed their dish was picking up a signal okay. When we got back to the storage site I tried it again and again it worked okay. This has now happened twice- it works at the location I did the software upgrade but not when we go out. Its not on EHU at the storage site so I've tried disconnecting the electric when we're out but that makes no difference.

I've had some email exchanges with Teleco support who are very responsive and helpful but they're at a loss as to what the problem is. They say the location where you carry out the software upgrade should have no bearing on the dish's ability to find a satellite elsewhere.

Anybody got any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Very odd.
Did the software update on mine (same system) and it’s been fine since.
Sorry, I can’t answer your problem though.

Richard.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
First l confess to having to go to a Teleco dealer to get mine sorted as l couldn’t resolve a problem,however, it’s obviously locking on to the last known signal,you’re storage site.
You need it to forget this location so l would completely isolate its power source and attempt a reboot ,if the software is correct it should then find the Sat location.
Only trying to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dwarfland
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
First l confess to having to go to a Teleco dealer to get mine sorted as l couldn’t resolve a problem,however, it’s obviously locking on to the last known signal,you’re storage site.
You need it to forget this location so l would completely isolate its power source and attempt a reboot ,if the software is correct it should then find the Sat location.
Only trying to help.

When you say isolate its power source do you mean disconnect the black box from any electric supply?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I’m sure you did it correct as you have communicated with Teleco but did you download the correct software for Flatsat easy classic there is one for Flatsat,Magicsat,and Easy it would be simple to download the wrong one.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Same issue on a person's van. I checked the co-axial connection on the roof by the lnb and it was corroded / snapped. I fitted a new coax F connector. Locked on to Astra2 straight away.
The co-axial lead can be buzzed through end to end with a multi-meter.
Only connect or disconnect a co-ax lead if the device{s} is powered off { sensitive electronic equipment }

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
We have the same unit which does not like the proximity of trees. It will do the twirl for ages & not find anything but it is usually when we are near tall trees.

OP
OP
Dwarfland
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
I’m sure you did it correct as you have communicated with Teleco but did you download the correct software for Flatsat easy classic there is one for Flatsat,Magicsat,and Easy it would be simple to download the wrong one.

It works at one location though so must have been the correct download?

OP
OP
Dwarfland
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
Same issue on a person's van. I checked the co-axial connection on the roof by the lnb and it was corroded / snapped. I fitted a new coax F connector. Locked on to Astra2 straight away.
The co-axial lead can be buzzed through end to end with a multi-meter.
Only connect or disconnect a co-ax lead if the device{s} is powered off { sensitive electronic equipment }

But that wouldn't explain why it works in the location I carried out the software upgrade but not in others would it? Surely if it was a cable issue it wouldn't work anywhere?

OP
OP
Dwarfland
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
We have the same unit which does not like the proximity of trees. It will do the twirl for ages & not find anything but it is usually when we are near tall trees.

No, no trees or large buildings in either of the locations it wouldn't work. Actually, there is a big tree at the location where it DOES work!

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
But that wouldn't explain why it works in the location I carried out the software upgrade but not in others would it? Surely if it was a cable issue it wouldn't work anywhere?
His Teleco Satellite was working intermittently { more recently not working }. The F plug at the LNB was green & corroded. The weather gets to it. I cut the co-ax lead back 20MM, crimped a new shiny F plug on it screwed it on the LNB and it locked on in 30 seconds.

OP
OP
Dwarfland
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
His Teleco Satellite was working intermittently { more recently not working }. The F plug at the LNB was green & corroded. The weather gets to it. I cut the co-ax lead back 20MM, crimped a new shiny F plug on it screwed it on the LNB and it locked on in 30 seconds.

Sounds a bit technical to me! I'll have to get someone in to have a look at it but the problem is it seems to work okay where I park it.

albouy

Deceased RIP
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome
I have a Teleco Flat Sat Classic Easy which stopped working over a year ago-the dish would just spin continually without locking to Astra 28. We use it rarely so it became just one of those jobs I never got round to. I then read about the software change in October 2019 and wondered if that was the cause of the issue. I therefore performed the upgrade at the site where I store the motorhome. Hey presto, it worked! Locked onto the satellite straight away so I went home and told my wife I'd fixed it.

First time we were out in the van, I threw the dish up and it span...and span...and span for 20 minutes until I eventually got an error message saying can't locate satellite. It couldn't find Astra 28 or any of the others. There were no obvious obstructions and our neighbours confirmed their dish was picking up a signal okay. When we got back to the storage site I tried it again and again it worked okay. This has now happened twice- it works at the location I did the software upgrade but not when we go out. Its not on EHU at the storage site so I've tried disconnecting the electric when we're out but that makes no difference.

I've had some email exchanges with Teleco support who are very responsive and helpful but they're at a loss as to what the problem is. They say the location where you carry out the software upgrade should have no bearing on the dish's ability to find a satellite elsewhere.

Anybody got any thoughts on what could be causing this?
Hi, I'm having similar problems with my satellite installation. The system is a teleco magic something...the dish goes up...has about three scans...the TV is saying "searching" on screen and it's says Astra one...then the dish folds up. It's an original setup so, as my Fiat Ducato was built in 1999, I assume that's the age of the satellite. It may need an upgrade but how to do? Any ideas you or anyone may have I would be grateful. Thanks

albouy

Deceased RIP
Apr 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome
Will start with that. Thanks very much.

Aug 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carado
Hi.
Can anyone out there help? Our satellite dish only ever picked up Spanish and German channels.
Did the update for Flatsat classic as per advice and it said it had completed successfully. Have turned on the TV and satellite but unable to receive any channels now. So frustrating 😫

cjmxuk

Free Member
Dec 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Hi , i am having a problem with my Teleco satelite dish moving to seek the satelite , it starts to move then immediately goes into an error el display . If anyone can help i would be much appreciated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back