georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Hi all just putting a quick thread to see if anyone can give me a answer before i start taking the fridge apart, The problem the freezer and fridge will not cool enough, so I have tried all I know to try and repair this with no joy. I have been told that the problem could be a dodgy thermostat, so I was told if I unplugged the thermostat this would make a open circuit so the fridge would run in idle mode at the coldest temperature, anybody have any knowledge if this is the case , any help would be appreciated as we are full timing and stuck down south and finding it hard for anyone to take a look at the fridge.
Regards
George

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Given the hot temperatures we’re experiencing at the moment, it could just be that the fridge is struggling with the high ambient temperature.
Can you arrange for a fan of some sort to blow over the condenser behind the top vent?

Ian

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
its work in a lot hotter temps than this . so dont think that the problem thanks for replying
Regards
George

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Have you seen my famous paste thread?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
if i take the covers of the wind blows the gas out all the time ?

Just take the top cover off then. The flame is behind the bottom cover.

Do you have a thermometer in the fridge?

Ian

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Just take the top cover off then. The flame is behind the bottom cover.

Do you have a thermometer in the fridge?

Ian
yes we have thermometer on the fridge. but I need to know if I disconnect the thermostat will the fridge still work, im trying to find out if the thermostat is faulty

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Usually thermostats are 'make on rise' but I don't know about van fridges, if it's plugged into a circuit board it could be either type.

Doesn't sound like the thermostat is faulty, they usually fail open or closed and that would mean the fridge either would be very warm or freezing things. It's possible it's gone out of calibration though.

Take the top vent cover off outside and see how warm the pipe is on the left hand side is as it leaves the heat exchanger fins , it shouldn't be too hot if there is enough air flow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Are you currently running on EHU or gas ? If gas, could be the jet is partially blocked and reducing the gas flow to the burner. This is usually indicated by a yellow flame as opposed to a healthy blue flame.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back